Patient care concierge representatives are liaisons between patients and the healthcare system. A patient care concierge’s job is to assist medical practices to consistently provide high quality care and service excellence. They work with doctors, administration, staff and patients to reach healthcare goals.
The right candidate will share the vision of the organization, exemplifying servant leadership and excellence. They are dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for patients by delivering a compassionate and efficient healthcare experience.
This is not a “job.” It’s a purpose! We are not looking for people who are here to clock in and collect a paycheck. We want to help people connect their passion for people with their purpose and place them in a position where they feel a sense of joy and fulfillment in their work.
Who are we?
KD Consulting is a practice management consulting firm that trains our employees to assist independent medical practices with providing excellent customer/patient service.
What we believe:
KD Consulting believes in leading people forward into the future and empowering them to reach their full potential. We believe people with passion and purpose can change the provision of healthcare for the better. This is fostered by a life-giving culture of continuous learning and teamwork, which in turn allows us to work with our clients to achieve results.
Candidates must have an appreciation for the patient experience and a service-oriented mindset in the healthcare industry— integrating best customer service practices and technology in a manner that drives patient engagement.
The virtual patient care concierge specialist sets the initial perception for the overall patient experience - whether it is the patient’s first online request, phone call, or their first interaction with a team member as they enter the office. This person is an effective communicator who proactively manages any concerns that may arise and shares all relevant information to the care team.
Who are we looking for? We strive for excellence but do not expect perfection. Specific traits and skills required to be successful in the position include:
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills through phone, text, email, and internal chat
· A high level of empathy, kindness, and compassion for people
· A positive attitude & calm demeanor
· Excellent work ethic and ability to work efficiently without supervision
· Willingness to learn new skills quickly and accept feedback
· Proven organizational skills and time management skills
· Strong computer and data entry skills- (must be efficient with word, excel, email and the internet).
· Understand and comply with HIPPA regulations
· Medical experience is a plus but not required
· Bilingual is a plus but not required
What does the position entail?
Responds to all patient/customer requests professionally and in a personable, accurate, and timely manner
· Greets, answers incoming calls, schedules appointments for patients, and directs messages and calls as appropriate
· Treats all patient/customer interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests whenever possible; resolves complaints; assists in all inquiries in connection with clinical services and hours of operation
· Enters and verifies new and established patient information
· Collects and posts client payments daily
· Verifies insurance benefits as needed
Patient Care Coordination
· Demonstrates excellence in customer service
· Primary point of contact for all customer service, administrative and scheduling needs
· Screens patients as well as provides them with education about medical processes and procedures
· Responsible for collaborating with physicians and members of the care delivery team to triage, coordinate, and consistently manage the overall patient care experience through modern technology
· Obtain pre-certification for diagnostic testing and for surgical procedures
· Promptly replies to reviews that come in online
· Proactively asks for feedback via reviews and online surveys
· Communicates metrics with the care team
EDUCATION AND REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma
5+ years in customer service
Ability to thrive in a high-paced, demanding environment