Network and Server Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
Who we are
KCRW is a public media leader, creating and curating a unique mix of content centered around music discovery, NPR news, cultural exploration and informed public affairs. We are driven by the spirit of Los Angeles and deliver in innovative ways -- on the radio, digitally and in person -- to diverse, curious communities around the corner and around the world.
What we need
We are currently seeking a motivated and service-oriented Network and Server Systems Administrator. Under direct supervision, the Systems Admin ensures the stable operation of the network, servers, and other systems. The person will also analyze and resolve end-user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training where required.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to Senior Systems Engineer.
Hybrid work schedule is available for select positions.
KCRW has in effect a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees beginning September 15, 2021. The mandate is subject to accommodation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance (patching), and troubleshooting of network and server-connected end-user hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Administer domain controllers (Active Directory, Group Policy, DFS), and DNS server.
- Support the day-to-day administration in a Microsoft Directory environment, including administration and analysis of Account Provisioning, DNS, DHCP, and related services.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer and maintain end-user hardware, software, accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Assists with research and development initiatives and in the implementation of new technologies.
- Troubleshooting and finding solutions to day-to-day problems.
Skills & Experience
- 4-6 years in IT
- 2+ years experience with MS Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux support
- 2+ years experience with Active Directory management / Windows Servers management
- 2 years experience preferred with Microsoft Azure and Google workplace management
- Experience installing and maintaining servers, workstations, and infrastructure hardware
- Application support RMM & MDM tools, Microsoft Office - (Automate and Kandji a plus)
- Experience with ticket and project management systems (Connectwise a plus)
- Cellular phone support
- Cisco phone system support (a plus)
- Network management (Cisco and Ubiquiti a plus)
- Digital audio recording environment experience a plus
- Clear and concise written and oral communication skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- The applicable annual salary range for this position is $75,000-$90,000, which is dependent on a variety of factors including; relevant experience, location, business needs, and market demand.
- Sick leave award
- Vacation leave accrual
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance (including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life and AD&D) eligibility
- 403(b) with company match
- Passionate office environment surrounded by an incredible community of curious and talented colleagues
- KCRW is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program - read more here to determine your eligibility
KCRW aims to represent Southern California, and candidates with traditionally underrepresented backgrounds and perspectives are encouraged to apply. KCRW is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits to promote diversity in our workforce. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
AddressSanta Monica, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?