If you’re ready to launch your career as an entry level staff accountant (associate) position and want to experience a totally different way of providing tax and audit services to clients, look no further than Top 100 consulting and accounting firm, K·Coe Isom. Because we're an honest-to-goodness business advisory firm, our people are change agents. We stretch our tax and audit professionals far beyond compliance work and into a key strategic role in our clients' development and success. Fall 2019, we will be interviewing and hiring on campuses for full-time January 2021 Associate openings in California, Colorado, Indiana, and Kansas locations.
Do you enjoy challenging tax or audit work? Are you interested in partnering directly with some of today's progressive business owners and key decision makers, to grow both their companies and our firm? At K·Coe Isom, we'll give you that opportunity. We actively promote our associates’ pursuit of their passions and "distinct abilities" as they serve in a strategic and advisory role for their customers.
This role is only for University of Kansas students. If you do not attend this school, please apply to the specific position(s) you’re interested in, listed alphabetically by school. If your school is not represented, you may apply to the general pool of entry level or intern roles.
What you’ll be doing:
As a K·Coe Isom Associate, you’ll work with an amazingly talented group of colleagues, applying technical skills across a range of projects and client opportunities. As you grow and develop, you will be sought more as a preferred service provider on projects that fit your unique abilities. K·Coe Isom associates provide thorough, concise, complete, accurate and professional services to internal and external clients, but that’s just the start. You will also be held accountable for team goals and client deliverables, staying aware of project scope and informing the project leader when concerned about keeping it timely and priced right.
What you’ll need for this position:
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Accounting or related field or enrolled in an Accounting certificate program
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher in Accounting coursework is required.
- Full time associates should meet the sit-eligibility requirements for the CPA exam prior to employment.
- Availability to work 54 hours minimum per week during busy seasons.
- Travel varies by group and location, but expect 25-30% overnight as a new associate. (If you have questions, talk to your local recruiting ambassadors.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis upon hire. K·Coe Isom will not provide sponsorship for this position, and therefore cannot consider candidates requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g., H-1B status).
- The desire to work in a progressive environment that rewards innovation and entrepreneurship
- A desire and ability to identify trends and patterns in client information and financials, identifying potential problems and bringing them to the supervisor’s attention
- The ability to build relationships and gain opportunities with clients from various industries as you provide leading-edge accounting and consulting services
- The curiosity to go beyond the textbook, asking hard questions and using technical skills to provide solutions to client problems
- A demonstrated ability to positively collaborate to achieve team, client and firm goals
- The ability to keep focused and remain proactive at all times
- A long-term, inherent goal of making a real difference for the clients we serve
What’s in it for you:
- A people-centered culture, with humor and fun as part of our core firm values
- A robust training and development program, designed to help you discover your distinct abilities and use them to grow yourself and the firm
- More freedom to explore your areas of interest
- A fast track to leadership and influence for those who pursue it
- Excellent pay, flexibility, and benefits K·Coe Isom offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, profit sharing, holidays, flexible work arrangements, and paid leave.
What others say:
“K·Coe Isom is the perfect place for me to work because I am given the latitude to make important decisions on my own but I get to work with a team that supports me when I need it. Everyone is focused on one goal—to deliver value to the client. It takes everyone’s unique abilities to make that happen, and the firm supports us with great ongoing training opportunities to hone those abilities and take advantage of them.” (Loveland, CO Manager who joined us as an intern)
Please complete an application, attach a resume, and unofficial transcript to the position at www.kcoe.com/careers in order to be considered further as an applicant.If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted to select an interview time for that date.
Application Deadline is September 17, 2019 at 11:59 PM CST
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
K·COE ISOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.