CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety is our number one Core Value. Follow safe work practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promote company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- AV Security Technician will be responsible for, but not limited to the following: installation, configuration, integration and testing of VTC and AV equipment.
- Cable management.
- Conduct onsite training to customers on the operation of installed equipment.
- Integration, test, configuration, and troubleshooting of IP networks.
- Conduct customer site surveys and provide sales engineering assistance.
- Perform specialized technical tasks in the operation, installation, configuration and maintenance of complex AV equipment for company and customers.
- Read and interpret AV system drawings, schematics, and construction plans and install AV equipment to meet requirements as detailed in installation plans.
- Install low voltage wiring and cable; solder and terminate connectors; wire equipment racks; and assemble equipment/devices using the appropriate supports/mounts.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot AV equipment failures and make minor adjustments to AV equipment and systems.
- Test and debug systems for final quality assurance and acceptance by the customer.
- Coordinate the AV Installation Technicians on the project. Create and monitor the daily task list(s) and timelines for each Technician.
- Work with Project Manager to develop a Project Plan to assign tasks to Installation Technicians; and then manage the outcome.
- Assist Engineering Department with all final commissioning tasks on-site.
- All normal cable technicians’ duties as well
- Access control systems
- CCTV / CCV systems
- Intrusion detection systems
- Fence line and perimeter detection systems
- Video management systems
- Cyber security and detection
- Access management and visitor management
- Keypads and card readers
- IP camera systems and digital video recorders (DVR’s)
- Intercom systems
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years technical experience specializing in low voltage installation of Access Control, CCTV and Alarm monitoring systems in commercial buildings and construction related jobsites.
- 2+ year performing equipment troubleshooting, service repair and preventative maintenance for Access Control, CCTV and Intrusion Detection systems.
- Must have a strong knowledge of any access control systems.
- Must be able to mount and install electric maglocks and strikes.
KCI offers Legacy Network Care and Support, Professional Network Optimization, Transformation and Deployment Services; and Technical Staffing Resources for Telecommunications Service Providers and OEMs.