- Posted: over a month ago
KCI Construction has been building in the St. Louis Metropolitan area since 1922. We provide construction services in the transportation, heavy industrial, general building and design/build markets. We remain one of the more diverse contractors in the area. We also self-perform a good portion of our own work, including concrete, carpentry, earthwork and utilities.
KCI is growing and we are seeking a Project Manager with general building experience. As the Project Manager, you will lead the team and manage the day-to-day operations on assigned projects.
- Assume overall responsibility for project profitability.
- Ensure project is completed in compliance with project documents and quality standards.
- Determine the most cost-effective use of construction methods and use of personnel, material and equipment.
- Coordinate construction activities with owner, subcontractors and KCI personnel.
- Responsible for subcontractor scope of work, change order management, and coordination of items.
- Prepare, update and adhere to project schedule. Attend subcontractor/owner meeting to discuss schedule.
- Prepare and analyze profit projections on a monthly basis. Determine recommended action on overruns.
- Prepare cost book and monitor costs.
- Assemble, submit, and track monthly invoices to Owner.
- Estimate and submit timely change proposals to the owner/engineer. Prepare change orders between the company and owner/engineer/subcontractors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field preferred.
- At least 5 + years in commercial construction.
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter, team player and communicate in a professional manner.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, P6, HCSS, and Vista a plus.
KCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, material status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protection veteran status.
ConstructionView all jobs at KCI Construction
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?