- Posted: over a month ago
Purpose: The Project Director shall provide leadership and managerial oversight to assigned project management teams to ensure projects are being managed and constructed in a safe and efficient manner to successful completion.
Leadership Attributes: Serve as a dynamic leader for the organization and purposefully model and support servant leadership principles. A collaborative leader with a drive to make a difference, a strong relationship builder, and a voice for business community and industry affiliations. A forward thinker, strategy and long-range planning is at the forefront of decisions, along with a fiscally responsible mindset. A change agent, support and active engagement with corporate improvement initiatives is inherent. An introspective leader, with an authentic style, believes development of self and others is paramount for organizational success.
- Provide oversight to assigned project management teams to ensure projects are successfully completed.
- As required, lead, and manage assigned projects to successful completion.
- Provide estimating support, as needed, to ensure team revenue goals are met.
- Mentor team to ensure the most cost-effective methods are being applied for constructability items, use of personnel, materials, equipment, and subcontractor partnerships.
- Review labor and equipment resources with Project Managers and General Superintendent to ensure project needs are being met and labor and equipment is being utilized in the most cost-effective manner.
- Provide monthly updates to Vice President-Operations on all projects for team, including status of schedule, costs, and major project impacts.
- Attend and participate in subcontractor/owner meetings; provide input as needed to ensure project partners are working together as a team.
- Foster relationship with current clients and prospects to ensure expectations are being met; ensure issues are being handled in a proactive manner and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinates toward their professional development.
- Actively engage in the development of self and direct reports; assume overall responsibility for entire groups professional development.
- Oversee projects to ensure production and profit margin goals are being met.
- Assist in the resolution of construction claims, as needed.
- Meet regularly with project management teams to review project progress, schedules, budgets, and specific issues.
- Review correspondence on major issues prior to submission.
- Ensure all department and company policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years in the construction industry.
- Private and public work sector experience a plus.
- A high degree of integrity that shows support for the company and the employees while maintaining focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- Ability to organization, plan and manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results.
- Must be a self-starter, team player and communicate in a professional manner.
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. HCSS, P6, and Vista experience a plus.
TechnologyView all jobs at KCI Construction