Head of School – Principal Director
To be accountable for directing the operations of Milestones Academy to ensure the school operates in an efficient and effective manner by providing the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, and control of the school. Responsible for the supervision of school provided services to ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and standards of quality which have been established by the organization and relevant regulatory bodies.
In addition to demonstrating the company’s Core Competencies applicable to all positions, the Head of School is responsible for the following Professional Skills Competencies:
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/Key Accountabilities: (Other duties and projects will be assigned, as necessary.)
- Manages day to day operational aspects of Milestones Academy, including but not limited to: employee relations, scheduling, new hire onboarding, training, services, intake, etc.
- Communicates and coordinates with the President of BHKC and Human Resources to ensure that the company mission and procedures are embraced.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate appropriate programs and services including direct responsibility for referrals and admission/discharge decisions.
- Conduct regular meetings with administrative teams.
- Manage staff discipline, attendance, and occurrences to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and personnel handbook.
6. Oversees the performance reviews of staff and coordinates with the President of BHKC and Human Resources as necessary in matters pertaining to hiring, discipline, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all incident reports as they pertain to students and staff members.
- Apply knowledge of Pathfinder HI to train, support, and trouble shoot all software components.
- Provide oversight in compliance as it pertains to Behavioral, Educational and Medical plans.
- Participate in proactive communication with student’s parents and the school district on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Milestone Academy’s Administrative Team to ensure the most quality plans are being created and implemented for all students.
- Oversee and approve program budget.
- Set and continually manage program expectations with program staff and stakeholders.
- Regularly document best practices and strategies and share across the organization; ensure that all improvements/changes based on lessons learned are appropriately integrated into program processes, templates, and tools.
1. Serve as a role model to establish and foster a positive culture based on trust, respect, collaboration and integrity. Through personal example, establish the style and approach which will characterize the Company’s dealings with students, paras, teachers and districts.
2. Support, model and encourage a Culture of Compliance by adhering to, and fostering team members' adherence to, the Code of Business Ethics and Conduct and Compliance Program.
3. Manage and develop a team of employees in accordance with BHKC’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and recommending candidates; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; recommending rewards and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and building an effective team dynamic.
4. Serve as a credible and collaborative leader with both internal and external constituencies by being a fast-paced leader and responding quickly to ever-changing needs.
1. Perform other duties and special projects to support various organizational initiatives, as assigned.
2. Responsible, either directly or indirectly, for filing all expense reports according to company policy.
3. Responsible, either directly or indirectly, for completing time reports on or before the defined due date.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, experience, training and specific skills to fulfill the primary responsibilities and duties of the job):
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in special education, behavior analysis, social work, business, or related field with a minimum of 5 years of management experience; or, other combination of experience required to conduct key responsibilities.
Training and Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high performing team environment under strict deadlines.
- Advanced organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Strong negotiating, listening and superior interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker with strong analytic skills.
- Self-directed individual who leads a team to their full potential.
- Highly collaborative with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
- Proficient in computer usage (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics and PowerPoint).
- Ability to regularly travel by air and automobile, including ability to drive when in the field.
JOB CONTACTS (Include contacts inside and outside the organization that are required as a regular part of the job and for what purpose):
· CEO, CFO and COO to provide input on strategic decisions for the Program and to report on program progress, problems and solutions.
· All levels of the organization to guide, direct, provide feedback, and to gather and/or share information.
· Clients to ensure high levels of satisfaction, and to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
· National organizations, constituent organizations, potential customers to represent BHKC, engage in discussion to further the business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
ACCOUNTABILITY/IMPACT (Degree of answerability for actions, consequences of errors in judgment, and legal liabilities):
Errors in judgment or mistakes could cost the organization loss of revenue, loss of clients, and/or negatively impact BHKC’s reputation.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Position operates independently on a day to day basis, with limited direction; confers with manager on major decisions relating to change in scope or contractual obligations of projects.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION GIVEN (Type of supervision and span of control):
Number of direct and indirect reports: 45-55
through the use of evidence-based practices and dedicated service providers.
Residential Support | Early Intervention Therapy | Transportation
Education | Emergency Crisis Support | Crisis Intervention & Prevention
KC Behavioral Health Holdings
Why Work Here?Behavioral Health Holdings, LLC creates meaningful changes in the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families through the use of evidence-based practices and dedicated service providers. Residential Support | Early Intervention Therapy | Transportation Education | Emergency Crisis Support | Crisis Intervention & Prevention
Excellent Team Environment Committed to Serving the Needs of Indiviuals with Disabilties