Begin your career as an RBT! Kansas City Behavioral Health is interviewing and hiring energetic, outgoing, and positive applicants who have a passion to work with children with special needs, and have a their Registered Behavioral Technician Certification or who have a desire to obtain the certification within 2 months of hire date. Coursework, the competency assessment, and ongoing supervision would be provided for those without the certification!
Kansas City Behavioral Health is a family of companies dedicated to creating meaningful change for individuals with disabilities. Our organization utilizes customized curriculum and programming strategies based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Milestones Behavioral & Therapy Services (MBTS) provides year-round, 1:1 medically necessary instruction using ABA programs for individuals aged 2 to 12. Our behavior technicians (RBT) develop effective plans for clients with challenging learning histories.
Job Descriptionproviding Applied Behavior Analysis services to the individuals to achieve significant change in individuals areas of needs and behaviors.
In addition to demonstrating the companys Core Competencies applicable to all positions, the Registered Behavior Technician is responsible for the following Professional Skills Competencies
- Implements day to day programming as applicable to each childs treatment plan.
- Follows each childs behavior plan as outlined by the Clinical Director and/or BCBA.
- Record and input data on the students behaviors and programming.
- Assists in the preparation of programming materials as needed.
- Maintains log of RBT supervision hours and ensure that certification is current.
- Communicates with Programming Manager, BCBA and/or Clinical Director as appropriate regarding clinical observations, child specific concerns and programming needs as appropriate.
- Maintains proficient understanding and working knowledge of ABA.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification required, OR obtain the certification after hired with a 1-year commitment agreement.
- At least 6 months of experience working with children in an educational setting preferred.
- At least 6 months of experience working with children with autism preferred.
- Some college, associates or bachelors degree preferred.
Training and Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high performing team environment under strict deadlines.
- Advanced organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Professional Crisis Management (PCM), Tools, ABA 101, CPR/FA, Abuse Neglect, and HIPAA training (provided after hiring).
- Positive responsiveness to constructive feedback.
- Strong negotiating, listening and superior interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated strategic thinker with strong analytic and financial skills.
- Self-directed individual who works well to overcome obstacles to achieve program success.
- Highly collaborative with ability to influence others and build strong professional relationships.
- Proficient in computer usage (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.