We are in search of adding new team members to our growing organization. As an employee, you will be working with our amazing individuals and staff in a fun and challenging environment. As a Direct Care Support team member, you will be responsible for consistent implementation of Individual Support Plans by utilizing applied behavioral analysis principles. You will assist residents in becoming as successful and independent as possible. You will also support their transition to less restrictive and more integrated community settings.
We offer flexible hours and a variety of positions and shifts to choose from! Shifts range from mornings, evenings, overnights, and weekends.
- Implementation of the Individual Support Plans and Behavior Support Plans (BSP)
- Taking initiative and demonstrating creativity and enthusiasm when working with individuals including assisting with personal care needs, teaching new skills, and transporting (i.e. medical appointments, shopping, community outings, etc.)
- Assisting in basic daily household needs (i.e. maintenance, chores, meal preparation, etc.)
- Adheres to all HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures.
We proudly offer great benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Great medical, dental, vision, and STD benefits
- 401(k), with company match
- Paid Training
- Quick growth and promotion opportunities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Required
- Bachelor Degree, preferred (applicable areas are: Psychology, Social Services, Special Education, or related fields)
- Valid Driver's License
- (PREFFERED) 1 year of work experience in serving persons with developmental disabilities.
Training and Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high performing team environment under strict deadlines.
- Positive responsiveness to constructive feedback.
- Strong negotiating, listening and superior interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available weekend shifts as assigned.
- Must be able to pass all background checks, which may include physical, drug screening, and licensure.
- Is expected to work shifts at all Residential group homes when needed.
Working Conditions: This is a fast-paced job operates within residential living facilities, out in public, and may include driving a company vehicle for various outings.
Physical Requirements: The ability to see, hear, and speak clearly. Reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, frequent sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time. May involve climbing stairs, walking up inclines, and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements include, frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, and moving individuals with special needs a minimum of 50 pounds. Must be physically able to perform First Aide and CPR.
Equal Employment: Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.