Senior Backend Engineer
Senior Backend Engineer
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Hybrid)
Your Experience here
At the heart of client is our people. We pride ourselves with the incredible team that makes up the company and are deeply humbled by each one of our employees. We have grown beyond measure and have amassed an incredible team of talented, passionate, and amazing individuals. It is our biggest priority to give all members of client the space and motivation to WANT to journey on this career path with us and continue to be a part of our success. Here are some of the things our current employees appreciate:
- Competitive, location-based salary
- Flexible paid time off (unlimited with a minimum requirement of 25 days off)
- Annual Wellness & Experience bonus
- 100% employer-paid health benefits for employee and dependent(s)
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent care and healthcare expenses.
- Retirement savings plan
- Home office setup: laptop and necessary peripherals
- A people-first culture with a major emphasis on experience
- A company that is invested in you, your ideas, and your growth
- An opportunity to join a quickly scaling startup
About the job
Our client is advancing the human experience by empowering companies to build deeply resonating and healthier human-centered digital experiences and products.
At the intersection of play, psychology, and AI, our suite of products (Traits, Navigator, Frequency, and Wavelength) give companies in the Gaming and Healthcare industries the ability to understand and meet their audiences experiential expectations at every step of their journeyushering in a new era of technology that is better for people, and brilliant for businesses.
THE PRODUCT: WAVELENGTH
Wavelength is the latest addition to the Client platform, allowing for feedback specific to your product. Within it you can create your own surveys, access validated assessments built by some of the top psychometricians, and let AI do the heavy analysis work. The result is quick access to insights drawn from each segment of your players so your team can generate the targeted responses that will deliver the greatest value.
Our engineering team is responsible for creating the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance. As a part of this team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers as well as with data scientists and UX designers to build the Client platform and products. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will bring your own technical expertise, help design new services as well as improve current ones, and carry projects from initial requirements, implementation, up to production.
What You Will Do
- Design software architecture based on business requirements, strategy, and priorities
- Design and implementation of Microservices in Go
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- Advise and implement best practices in multiple technical domains
- Proactively seek and realize new value-add opportunities for customers
What Were Looking For
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 7+ years of practical backend development
- Demonstrated experience with building Microservices in GO as well as high load production systems based on microservice architecture
- Very knowledgeable about distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
- Hands-on experience with leading commercial Cloud platforms, preferably GCP
- Sound understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills
- A portfolio of activities / a side project that showcases your intellectual curiosity
What Makes You Stand Out
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- gRPC / Protobuf experience
- DevOps and application deployment skills
- Python is a plus
- Experience with message brokers
- Good ability to derive and design technical specifications from general product requirements
- Experience building personalization or recommendation engines
- Familiarity with and interest in psychometric data
KBS SolutionsMinneapolis, MN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.