- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
KBS Constructors, Inc. is looking for a full-time Project Engineer to assist our Project Management, Superintendents and/or Estimating teams in the overall management of construction projects. The right candidate will have a high level of initiative, attention to detail, positive attitude and willingness to learn. This position may be located in our Topeka or Olathe office.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the coordination activities.
- Provide information and ongoing communication to team members.
- Assist Estimator with reviewing proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Assist with preparing discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Assist with identifying qualified subcontractors and vendors and verifying scope and prices.
- Assist with preparing Basis of Cost Proposal Reports.
- Assist during preparation by asking inquires and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Assist with reviewing design options and recommendations on best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Assist with preparing preliminary project schedules as necessary.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Project Manager to issue all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Establish and maintain project schedule.
- Ensure job specific records are maintained and are current.
- Maintain/monitor customer relations including project/progress meetings, site visits and project related correspondence.
- Maintain SDS manuals for KBS and subcontractors.
- Ensure that safety plans for all subcontractors are onsite.
- Ensure all preliminary submittals are approved.
- Set up temporary electric telephone, internet services, dumpsters, sanitary facilities, etc.
- Assist Superintendent and Project Manager to procure and order all materials for self-performed work to ensure the materials arrive onsite when needed.
- Assist the Project Manager to process contract related transactions including Change Orders and Proposed Change Orders to suppliers, subcontractors, and owners.
- Process submittals, RFI’s and all ensure all logs are current and correct.
- Supplement and support all team members as needed to ensure the success of the project and company.
- Assist Project Manager to manage closeout activities such as O&M manual generations, inspections, punch lists, permits, certificate of occupancy, as-builts, warranties and archiving of project files.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Know, understand, and live the KBS Mission, Vision, and Core Values and use them to guide daily activities.
- Follow all standard operating procedures.
- Attend “All Company” and Leadership meetings.
- Help bring projects in on-time and on budget
- Maximize efficiency through planning.
- Represent company in a professional manner.
- Maintain positive attitude and help maintain an excellent work environment.
- Meet annual goals.
- High level of initiative and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of the following software:
- On-Screen Takeoff
- Microsoft Project
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong skills in facilitation, issue resolution and decision making across functions in a highly complex environment.
- Strong listening ability: able to hear what is said, understand it, communicate, and engage.
- Ability to influence others: decision-making, persuasion, problem-solving, and trust/credibility building.
- Must be able to analyze and process data or information.
- Must have high level of attention to detail, inductive reasoning, and analytical thinking.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or construction management or 0-3 years in construction industry as project engineer, project manager or estimator
- Field experience preferred
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid health insurance
- Matching 401k
- Bonus program
- Vehicle Allowance
- Vacation and Paid Holidays
KBS Constructors, Inc. is a commercial general and industrial contractor specializing in Critical Environment Construction (CEC). We have been in business for over 30 years and employ a team of "A" players. A KBS "A" player has a strong work ethic, is a dependable and positive team player and a solution provider that lives KBS' core values (Integrity, Caring & Excellence). Our mission is to Find, Train and Retain the very best people to provide solutions. KBS has offices in Topeka, Olathe and Manhattan, Kansas.
KBS Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, disability status, sex, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
KBS Constructors, Inc.
Get fresh Senior Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.