**NATOPS Project Lead**
KBRwyle is seeking a full-time Project Lead to perform duties as NATOPS and NATIP Product Developer and Technical Writer in support MQ-4, MQ-8, MQ-9, and/or MQ-25 unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
The PD is the single point of contact for NATOPS and NATIP configuration issues, and works in support of the Program Office Class Desk, fleet Model Manager, and NAVAIR Senior Airworthiness Engineer. The PD is intimately familiar with the technical content of the NATOPS and NATIP publications and the AIR 4.0P processes and requirements. They are responsible for developing content, and managing interim changes, change packages, NATOPS revisions, and NATIP updates, from initial AIRS submission to release of the final document.
The TW is responsible for developing system descriptions, functional descriptions, operating limitations, and normal and emergency procedures for NATOPS and NATIP. TWs should be adept at detailed research and collaborating with flight testers and engineers to write technical content (descriptions and procedures) for NATOPS/NATIP, which conforms with MIL DTL 80825 format and requirements.
A background in naval aviation as aircrew is desired. The successful candidate will:
- Perform research using large amounts of disparate source materials, drawings, specifications, and diagrams to become knowledgeable of various aircraft systems and capabilities.
- Confer with customers, contractors, engineers, and operators to distill technical information into easily understandable descriptions and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of NATOPS and NATIP publishing requirements, including experience with AIR 4.0P Airworthiness and e.POWER flight clearance processes.
- Have the ability to maintain strict configuration management and traceability of documents and revisions throughout the development, editing, review, and release process.
- Have the ability to clearly and concisely organize material and complete writing assignments with clarity, correct terminology, and grammar in accordance with the governing standards and styles.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required, along with a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in naval aviation as aircrew, or as a NAVAIR product developer, or technical writing. Four (4) additional years of professional work experience is required in lieu of a degree. Experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Adobe Pro. Experience with NAVAIR's Airworthiness and e.POWER websites and processes is highly desired and familiarity with desktop publishing.
The successful candidate must be able to interface with the customer, contractors, flight testers, engineers, and fleet users to define technical information requirements. Familiarity with NATOPS and NATIP series publications and processes, developing publications, managing configuration, and facilitating NATOPS Reviews is required. Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and a persistent problem solver.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
**Job:** Project Engineering
**Primary Location:** US-US-MD-Lexington Park
**Req ID:** 1080695