- Posted: 7 days ago
KBE Building Corporation: Relationships Are Everything! Join our team today!!
KBE’s relationship focus means that you can count on us to do the right thing at all times and work in the best interests of your project. We will be proactive and open in all of our communications and interactions with all members of your project team. Our clients, design partners, and trade contractors say they trust KBE to do the right thing — because we build relationships first, buildings second.
Read on to see if this is the place for you!!
We are currently hiring for a Project Engineer.
At KBE, we expect the best — and reward it — with excellent compensation and benefits, challenging work, opportunities to learn and grow, and the chance to give back to our communities.
Work Life Balance:
- 3 O’clock Fridays
Options for select positions
- Flexible Work Hours
- Paid Paternal/Maternal Leave
- Vacation, sick, and personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Floating Holidays
Health and Wellness:
- Medical and Dental Insurance (Premium cost sharing between the company and employee)
- Health Incentive Insurance Discount Employee assistance program
- Vision Care (100% company paid)
- Annual Company Meetings, Company Fun Events, & holiday parties
- Recreational/Chill-Out Space to encourage movement and collaboration:
Golf Simulator, Pool Table, Dart Boards, Coffee/Snack/Beverage Station, breakout rooms, privacy booths, and more
- Quarterly Employee Photo Contests -
- Company swag! Mugs, Clothing, Backpacks, and more
- Dress code: Business Casual and Philanthropy Fridays (Jeans)
- Employee Work Anniversary Recognition
- Corporate Commitment to Philanthropy –https://kbefoundation.org/
and company-sponsored charitable events
- Competitive Salaries
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Corporate Contributions toward Monthly Student Loan Repayment
- Reimbursement for select gym and fitness memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement
for Work-Related Education
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Structured Bonus Program
How is this starting to sound!? Are you the next KBE employee!? Apply today!
The Project Engineer will assist the Project Manager and Superintendents with the day-to-day construction, technical and administrative aspects of assigned construction projects. Primarily in the office, assignments may be generated from several in-house projects. Field assignments may be provided with support from management staff. Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
Perform project startup
- Studies plans and specifications to understand assigned project;
- Review owner contract for project specific requirements;
- Send out drawings to subs for pricing/contract award;
- Highlight spec book for submittal requirements;
- Set up initial master document set of drawings;
- Understand and perform document control procedures in accordance with KBE policy and procedures, both on site and electronic;
- Prepare all necessary documents;
- Coordinate/ Initiate / Complete project close out per specifications and KBE procedures;
- Create and maintain Subcontractor Close Out Compliance;
Arrange kick-off meeting
- Compile all necessary project information and documents for project start up;
Maintain document drawings
- Maintain drawings and drawing lists via BIM;
- Apply sketches, addendum portions and incorporate revisions into master document set;
- Obtain information and approvals required from owner, architect and engineers for timely processing of shop drawings;
- Review as-built drawings for accuracy prior to making monthly subcontractor payments/ Raise identified issues to the Project Manager.
- Ensure as-built set is maintained by Superintendent and Subcontractors;
- Prepare all final office and field drawing sets for site and electronic filing.
Compile and process RFIs
- Research and discuss RFIs with Superintendent;
- Draft, compile, print and distribute to recipient and others as applicable;
- Enter into computer system and follow thru on responses;
- Track for possible costs and schedule impact
- Maintain RFI logs and posting drawing in BIM;
Process owner contract revisions, change proposals and change orders
Process Owner fixed price billing
- Review all incoming changes and set up PCO in system;
- Send out for pricing/ estimates, as applicable. Maintain RFQ log;
- Ensure follow up on pricing from vendors;
- Compile data and distribute change proposals/orders and cover letters including copying, mailing, etc. to appropriate parties;
- Revise change proposals/requests as applicable and as a priority;
- Review changes with owner and/or consultants as applicable and as a priority;
- Update change proposal/order logs and review them at weekly subcontractor meetings;
- Flag outstanding change orders to PM that may impact timeline or when there is no response from owner;
- Maintain all related logs for review at meetings;
- Prepare Owner project status reports
- Review submittals for accuracy in specifications. Consult Superintendent for all MEP and structural items or items that need clarification;
- Follow up with subcontractors and owners for timely turn-over of submittals. Make team aware of delinquent submittals;
- Prepare initial submittal log and incorporate due dates;
- Stamp, initial, package and distribute submittals to and from all parties;
- Track/enter submittals to and from field, consultants and subcontractors;
- Label and file all submittals electronically per procedures;
Process subcontract change orders
- Review all incoming changes for conformity/validity and set up in system;
- Solicit subcontractors pricing and follow requests for pricing;
- Compile data and distribute change orders and cover letters including copying, mailing, etc. to all appropriate parties.
Perform various administrative and Project Manager assigned tasks
- Coordinate the scheduling of meetings. Prepare and print all reports necessary for meetings;
- Review awarded subcontracts, daily reports and job meeting minutes;
- Review Job Status Report and follow up with any non- compliance items;
- Enter subcontract contacts into system;
- Distribute project schedules as required;
- Compose project related correspondence as required or requested by the Project Manager;
- Act as/ provide coverage as Assistant Superintendent as needed on project;
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering Technology and 0-3 years of building construction experience years of construction administrative experience;
- Or 2+ years of administrative construction industry experience and/ or construction industry course work beyond secondary school; prior internship preferred;
- Basic understanding of construction principles and practices;
- Comfortable with technology;
- Experience with BIM and LEED is beneficial;
- Proven skills and ability in organization, time management, flexibility, sense of urgency, professionalism with both clients and co-workers, and attention to detail.
KBE Building Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status
KBE is a VEVRAA Compliant Federal Contractor.
KBE Building Corp
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?