Territory Manager - NY, PA
The position of Territory Manager for the Northeast, US is responsible for rental of light duty trucks from fleet through the achievement of opportunity-based sales goals. We are looking for an ambitious sales person willing to put in hard work to build a book of business. We are built on providing excellent service and premier vehicles to a variety of industries: construction, oil & gas, electrical, wind & solar and telecom. This career position requires strong communication skills, product knowledge and the ability to cultivate/build long-term relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Achieve business targets through effective management of designated territories and providing excellent service to our customers.
- Obtain new customer accounts and maintain current customer accounts.
- Effectively pitch to both small-medium sized regional accounts, as well as large corporate and national accounts.
- Work with sales support, and accounting teams to efficiently manage all accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining deep knowledge and understanding of each product line offers.
- Ability to effectively establish relationships and meet in-person with customers.
- Emphasize the features and benefits of product offering, add-on, and customization options.
- Perform product demonstrations while on-site at customer locations.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for territory growth.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or similar.
- 5+ years of light to medium duty truck rental and/or sales experience preferred.
- Ability to convert prospects into closed sales.
- Strong sales reporting and analysis skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to effectively interact with personnel from all aspects of the business unit (sales, marketing and corporate management, etc).
- Proactive and decisive contributor for the business with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate obstacles, developments, and problems by looking ahead in order to effectively execute responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, logical, manner in formal and informal situations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Energetic and honest individual with high ethical standards.
- Strong PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent organization and follow through skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Up to 50% travel required.
- Living in Northeast US preferred to effectively service customer base.
KB Search Team