- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Orchard Workers assist in the maintenance and growing of coffee plants. This may include spraying pesticides, mowing, applying fertilizers, maintaining drip irrigation systems and hand weeding noxious weeds. May also operate a motor vehicle, all terrain vehicle or tractor as transportation and to complete tasks associated with field maintenance.
*Please note that this position will transfer to Coffee Factory Worker for the Harvest Season from mid-September through mid/late December.
- Operates tractor with interchangeable attachments to perform required work such as pesticide spraying, mowing, disking, digging or spreading materials. Controls attachments to achieve the desired results and makes necessary adjustments as needed. Connects and disconnects attachments as required.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment when handling, mixing or applying pesticides that requires their use.
- Makes out daily reports as required by the supervisor such as using field maps marking areas worked, recording gallons of spray materials used, and hours worked. Recording tensiometer readings, flow meter readings, reservoir levels and weather data.
- Operates motor vehicle equipped with two-way radio to perform work assignments.
- Operates and assists in the maintenance of pumps, filters, gasoline engines and related irrigation equipment.
- Inspects assigned fields and does repairs when malfunctioning pipes, fittings, low pressure, plugged tubing, or other problems prevents proper irrigation applications.
- Maintains and operates chemical treating equipment used in treating irrigation water to minimize plugging.
- Cuts down and removes noxious weeds in the orchard. Uses a knapsack to spot spray weeds.
- Obeys standard safety regulations and Federal worker protection standards (WPS).
- Must possess appropriate certifications and licenses.
- Does other related work as required or directed by supervisor.
Note: The above job description contains the general data considered necessary to isolate factors affecting the job evaluation and is not to be construed as an accounting of all duties and requirements that may be inherent to the job.
Get fresh Park Worker jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.