Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors online and in person transport orders and contacts consignors to provide information as to the status of their transport orders. Ensures accurate data has been entered into the interactive platform; addresses any discrepancies; and updates/changes orders based on inventory.
- Processing and organizing the inbound transport requests via phone and email.
- Working closely each day with Carrier Services and consigner teams to ensure excellent customer service, as laid out in the requirements of the contract, and modifies current pricing strategies where necessary.
- Maintaining constant communication with the other transportation teams to proactively identify and track possible issues with the current transport orders.
- Actively entering data into customer spreadsheets throughout the day to keep records intact and systems up to date for customer review.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Supervisor.
Key Working Relationships
- Consignors and Carriers
- Dispatch, Sales and Customer Service teams
- Team Leads and Director of Transportation Operations
Educational Requirements and Qualifications
- Requires incumbent to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and vendors along with a high degree of customer service orientation.
- Skilled in attentive and active listening; patience to hear people out and accurately restating the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees. Demonstrated multifaceted oral and written communication skills that focus on customer service and its continuous improvement. Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles to obtain the desired effect. Ability to speak clearly and distinctly over the telephone and in person in a friendly manner
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to details. Ability to prioritize, multi-task, effectively manage projects and maintain flexibility in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- The ability to meet deadlines consistently delegate tasks and be productive according to business reference.
- Basic knowledge with Adobe and Microsoft office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Sales experience is not necessary but helpful
- Auction or transportation experience extremely helpful