At Kansas Gastroenterology, we are dedicated to the patient experience, including quality and satisfaction. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to serve as one of our full-time Triage Nurse. Characteristics of a successful candidate will include demonstrated quality patient care, an advocate of a positive patient experience, commitment to achieving performance measures, high level of energy and self-motivation, and a dependable professional with a desire to work in a team setting.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for efficiently handling patient inquiries via phone or patient portal regarding their medical care.
- Review diagnostic results adhering to clinic protocol and coordinate follow up care plan with the physician.
- Answers questions and requests regarding follow-up care, prescriptions, laboratory results, etc.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record to document, transmit, and receive patient information.
- Manage patient population health relevant to GI best practices and performance improvement
- Participates in nursing care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance, and restoration of patient’s health and wellness.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety.
- Follows patient confidentiality policy and HIPAA regulations
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times