State Finance Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Requirement: Applicant must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship, now and in the future.
This is a hybrid remote position.
State Finance Specialist
KAI Partners is looking for a dynamic, motivated, client-focused State Finance Specialist. This dynamic personality will be supporting a divisional budget and accounting unit within a State Department on all projects and tasks.
- Write, review, and support budget proposals from approval to submission
- Use knowledge of the State’s budget and accounting process to assist with the maintenance of accounting records
- Monitor the implementation of financial plans, perform risk assessments, and make adjustments as needed
- Document and present financial progress reports
- Keep informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in financial management
- Evaluate cost structures and revenue streams
- Prepare financial plans and develop financial models
- Collaborate with management to gather and analyze financial information
- Analyze financial data to identify the company’s financial status
- Conduct cost and benchmarking analyses
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Good time-management skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Familiar with the California Department of Finance’s Budget process
- Knowledge and understanding of State Government Accounting processes
- Understanding of the state Budget Chance Proposal process
- Must have an expert level of knowledge in state budget processes
- Understanding of California State policy process
- Understanding of California State budget change proposal approval process
- Understanding of the California state budget and accounting process
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or in a related field
- 4-5 years’ experience in a budget or accounting position with the State of California
- Experience in State Administration
- Previous experience with the State of California as a budget analyst, accounting officer, or higher
KAI Partners is a growing technology and organizational development consulting services firm based in northern California. In partnership with our clients, we plan, develop, and implement business and automation systems that strengthen core internal environments. We collaboratively develop organizational change strategies and tactics with clients to help them realize their desired business outcomes. By providing a full range of services, we enable government and private industry to maximize internal efficiencies and corporate effectiveness. Our principals bring over 100 years of experience working within and consulting to public and private sector organizations. http://www.kaipartners.com/
KAI Partners, Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at KAI Partners, Inc.