KAD Staffing Milwaukee, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
1st Shift, M - F
Reporting to the Group Leader, the Shipper/Receiver is a full time employee who can work independently in either shipping or receiving departments. The Shipper/Receiver packs and prepares customer orders for shipping, receives and processes incoming materials and supplies, and loads and unloads trucks according to established procedures and shipping regulations.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that promotes harmonious relationships among customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors
· Develop, interpret and ensure the consistent application of organizational policies
- Maintain safe work environment by managing adherence to company safety policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices
- Prepare product for shipping to customer, performing any required packaging, and labeling.
- Verify counts on product ready for shipping.
- Ensure customer order and product match.
- Ensure product is ready to ship according to customer delivery requirements.
- Perform inventory counts on shipping supplies.
- Verify accuracy of incoming deliveries of materials and supplies by matching receiving slips to actual receipts.
- Load and unload trucks as directed while following established procedures and shipping regulations.
- Assist in organizing stock, materials, product in the warehouse area.
- Process all UPS and FEDEX shipments; ensuring the most cost efficient mailings.
· Other duties as assigned
ABILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent are required.
- Previous related experience is preferred.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to safely operate lift equipment, banders, staplers, and shrink wrap machine.
- Must be able to successfully pass forklift certification.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KAD StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity with excellent growth!
Transportation and Storage