WHO ARE WE?
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
- Insight Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School
- Behind the scenes
- A Day in the life
K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, Insight Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School (ISPA). We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of ISPA is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating projects to support the CEO and Executive Director. The work requires the use of multiple resources and high levels of functional integration. The PM will lead projects ensuring outstanding communication, commitment, and collaboration delivering outstanding performance for assigned projects. The PM will have a broad understanding of successful project management principles including planning, scheduling, researching, human resource allocation, budgeting, coordination, progress monitoring, logistics, problem solving, and reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Supports CEO and Executive Director with a variety of projects from start to finish
- Helps develop and refine project plans that specify goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources
- Coordinates the execution of the contained tasks as defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals
- Assists in the management of changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes;
- Records detailed stakeholder requirements, constraints, and assumptions to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups)
- Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, issues, and risks, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders
- Interacts with other departments and organizations to ensure project success
- Assists with the evolution of project processes and workflow in support of the dynamic needs of Insight PA Cyber Charter School
This position has no regular supervisory responsibilities but may from time-to-time supervise one or more temporary employees who are engaged for a specific project. While not supervisory, this position requires the PM to coordinate but not supervise other from across the school community.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Business or related field
- Experience in an educational setting, project management or similar coordinating role
- Meets all criteria for employment in a PA public school, including satisfactory PA child abuse, PA criminal record, and FBI background check reports
Minimum Required Skill Set
- Coordinating/Leadership: Ability to motivate project team members from across the school community, resolve conflicts, and make hard decisions.
- Time Management: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in an organized fashion, and meet deadlines, with calm and precision.
- Budgeting: Project and track project-related expenses.
- Analytical Skills: Solve problems that are both anticipated and unexpected. Analyze data and make decisions that affect the project(s) demonstrating awareness of the short-term and long-term implications.
- Demonstrated use of sound and proven project management practices and tools, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and internet research.
- Graduate coursework or degree in Education, Business or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in project management or similar coordinating role
- Experience in or demonstratable knowledge of the field of education, specifically PA charter schools
Certificates and Licenses
- None required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.