K. Johnson & Company is seeking EXPERIENCED FACILITIES / CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGERS / ENGINEERS for a Federal Government client.
Our firm is in need of a Senior Level Facilities Project Manager/Engineer to work at our Federal Government client site in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate will be passionate about design and construction, with the ability to communicate and execute tasks effectively. The candidate’s job is to oversee each construction project from conception to completion, interfacing with both construction professionals and the client. You must be willing to travel to various job sites, so reliable transportation is a must. The position includes benefits, competitive salary and paid time off. The job includes both hands-on and administrative duties.
Requirements: U.S. citizen; CCM certification; able to obtain a HSPD-12 clearance. Current GSA EXPERIENCE, PE and HSPD-12 CLEARANCE a PLUS!
Professional experience includes 7 years in construction management and contractor oversight activities associated with facilities (i.e., buildings, structures, equipment, systems, etc.) construction and implementation. This role has heavy MEP activities! Resume must reflect MEP experience with respect to estimating, project management and inspection!
Professional experience includes 7 years in construction management and contractor oversight activities associated with facilities (i.e., buildings, structures, equipment, systems, etc.) construction and implementation.
1. Familiarity with handling RFI, change orders, submittals logs, etc. Also, field knowledge of safety, scheduling, and cost control are essential skills. Candidates should also have experience reading and interpreting construction documents.
2. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, presentations, conducting design and construction related meetings and briefing clients and management personnel.
3. Experience and familiarity with federal and local government office building projects.
4. Experience in the design and construction of office spaces in modern building design, including energy efficient environmentally friendly (LEED) design.
5. Knowledge of local and national building codes, ADA requirements and familiarity with OSHA safety requirements on construction projects.
Candidates shall possess an Associate's degree, be a graduate of an accredited trade school or former construction apprenticeship program. A bachelor degree, professional license and/or PMP is preferred but not required. Ten (10) years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.