The Designer will be responsible for turning customer’s designs into manufacturable parts by developing the necessary shop fabrication models and drawings, tooling / fixture models and drawings. The Designer will also be responsible for reviewing and revising the shop routers used for CNC programming and product fabrication. The Designer must be able to plan document and communicate effectively. Designer will interface with the customer and support production as required. The Designer reports to the Engineering Manager.
1. Produce detail fabrication models & drawings for shop and production use.
2. Design Robotic weld, machining and shop fabrication fixtures.
3. Effectively communication job requirements with shop employees.
4. Ensure product manufacturability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
2. SolidWorks sheet metal experience required. A CSWP or CSWPA certification is required, sheet metal cert preferred
3. Experience developing sheet metal layouts.
4. Experience with a portable CMM for inspection and reverse engineering a plus
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Must be proficient at SolidWorks with emphasis on sheet metal. Experience with Visual CADD, Mastercam or PCDMIS a plus.
2. Advanced Geometry and trigonometry math skills required to define and draw customer’s requirements.
3. Ability to read and understand technical drawings including GD&T tolerancing
4. Sheet metal fabrication processes.
5. Tooling and fixturing design
6. Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
7. Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English
1. Prioritize within own work schedule.
2. Assist with CNC laser, mill, press brake and welding robot programing
3. General clerical duties.
4. Other duties as assigned.
K-zell Metals IncK-zell Metals is looking for talented individuals to join our team of craftsmen and professionals to work on challenging and unique metal fabrication projects. For almost 30 years K-zell Metals has continued to produce high quality work that is used and installed the world over. The wide variety of processes and techniques used by K-zell Metals provides rapid career growth. Visit our website at www.kzell.com to see some of our work.