JOB SUMMARY: CNC Machine Operator- Mill is responsible for setup and operation of a CNC TRD 25-02 Mill / Drill. The TRD is a vertical CNC mill with a 2 foot wide x 25 foot long bed. The operator is required to work productively and safely to produce quality parts in a production environment. Use a computer to accurately track job time and shop costs. Identify correct tooling to set up and run CNC equipment. Operator must be able to read and understand technical drawings and translate information into programs for CNC equipment. The qualified operator will have an opportunity for cross training to operate other CNC equipment including, lasers, press brakes, tube bender, and Robotic weld cells. This position reports to the CNC Lead.
1. Set up and execute program to properly mill, drill, or cut in accordance with job requirements.
2. Identify and install correct tooling and material required for each job.
3. Set up machine tooling, clamping systems, part fixtures, and document successful tooling configurations for future use.
4. Inspect work product to job requirements.
5. Perform operator level maintenance.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Locate, organize and prepare material for the next process.
2. Saw cut, deburr, grind and clean material for other operations
3. Assist in maintaining both physical and computer inventories of raw materials.
4. Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Pass K-zell Metals Fitter Test
2. Ability to read and understand technical drawings. Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is a plus.
3. Demonstrate knowledge and use of measuring devices such as caliper, protractor, micrometer, and tape measure. PCMM (Portable Coordinate Measuring Machine) Romer Arm is a plus.
4. Practical experience using hand tools such as torque wrench, screwdrivers, allen / hex keys, clamps, and vices.
5. Comprehension of basic mathematics including fractions, decimals, and angles.
6. Demonstrate good computer skills in a Windows environment including typing & file management.
7. Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. 6 months experience operating a CNC machine. CNC vertical mill experience a plus.
3. Ability to read and understand technical drawings
4. Math skills including fractions and angles
5. Some experience in CNC programing
6. Experience with CAD or CAM software a plus.
7. Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in English.
8. Spanish as second language is a plus.