- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full time; exempt
The Trucking Dispatcher receives and schedules all truck orders for K-Five Construction.
Duties and responsibilities
· Schedule and dispatch drivers and vehicles to appropriate locations.
· Create and communicate daily work schedules to appropriate contacts.
· Coordinate and communicate truck breakdown issues, schedule changes and weather related cancellations to appropriate contacts.
· Responsible for hiring and directing broker trucks for daily orders.
· Relay messages and information to and from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors as needed.
· Monitor vehicle insurance cards and valid driver badges.
· Review status of DBE Minority Goals for different projects.
· Work with trucking assistant for timesheet problems and help with payroll check distribution.
· Inspect trucks for potential problems and ensure appropriate onboard supplies.
· Review safety items relating to accidents and vehicle damage.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Associate degree and 3 - 5 years of similar experience in a dispatching role supporting trucking/transportation functions for heavy highway and construction.
· Experience with FleetWatcher is a plus.
· Working knowledge of DOT regulations, GVW, and state regulations for height and weight maximums.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
· Highly skilled at analyzing complex data and identifying discrepancies.
· Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
· Excellent computer skills including MS Excel and Outlook.
· Solid problem-solving skills and ability to maintain a collaborative approach.
Employee will be working in a shop work environment and assigned a workstation. On occasion, s/he will be required to attend offsite meetings or site visits.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, occasionally walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This position has no direct reports however may be asked to help train new employees in the department.
K-Five Construction Company
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at K-Five Construction Company