Reporting to the Laboratory Services Manager, the Client Support Specialist assists in upholding the client quality program while representing the Laboratory in a professional manner with the highest ethical integrity. This individual must be able to expertly define problems, collect information, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. S/he is responsible for proper dissemination of information and adherence to processes which ensure quality assurance and compliance. Problem solving skills, including root problem resolution and understanding of critical vs noncritical issues is imperative to the success of the Client Support Specialist. The incumbent of this position demonstrates ability to establish rapport and communication channels with all stakeholders to efficiently and quickly resolve issues.
· Provides daily phone and email support to customers and internal clients: physicians, clinics, and laboratory staff regarding service concerns, results availability, quality assurance, compliance and the like. Documents and maintains accurate record of all communication with clients/patients, physician’s offices, medical facilities and medical staff.
· Coordinates quality assurance and flow of items received in the laboratory through appropriate resulting or cancellation.
· Maintains client services quality through ongoing education, open communication and problem solving with staff, reps, and clients (doctors, clinic key contacts) concerning compliance and quality assurance measures.
· Ensures problems with samples received for processing; such as QNS, Missing or Illegible Demographic Information, Missing DX, New Doctor, and the like are corrected. Contacts appropriate parties to obtain information to correct the problem and updates document(s) using established protocols.
· Identifies and escalates priority issues through proper channels.
· Coordinates and maintains the Send Out Test program following established procedures.
· Provides notifications of Critical Results to authorized caregivers following established procedures.
· Accessions patient orders and demographics upon receipt of corrections / modifications authorized by providers/clinics following department procedures.
· Adheres to confidential (HIPAA) requirements communicates difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
· Other duties as assigned
· Associates degree in a health-related field preferred.
· 2 years of previous customer service experience in a Clinical Laboratory environment or healthcare industry.
· Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and customer service skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Lab Information System (LIS) with ability to learn new software.
· Able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment displaying a professional and positive attitude at all times.
· Attentive to detail with the ability to read and follow standard operating procedures and department processes.
We offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and 401k coverage
K & K Consultant Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Reasonable accommodation for disabled provided.
K & K Consultant Group
Why Work Here?Founded in 2004, K & K Consultant Group provides services for clinical laboratories and health care facilities in technical, operational and regulatory areas. Our clients range from physician office laboratories to larger facilities performing a wide range of testing. Our team is made up of highly qualified professionals covering a broad range of specialties which include, but are not limited to: CLIA Compliance, assistance with accreditation (CAP and COLA), proficiency testing selection, instrument test, and methodology selection based on needs and validation of instruments and tests.
We are always looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our clientele!