Lab Assistant - Torrance Medical Laboratory (Immediate Opening)
- Posted: over a month ago
Laboratory Assistant follows established procedures for receiving and processing biological specimens for analysis in the laboratory. He/she accurately enters patient demographic information into the Laboratory Information System (LIS). Quality checks and corrects input errors. Assists in receiving, tracking, and maintaining appropriate storage of inventory, including consumables and reagents for use in the laboratory. The Laboratory Assistant will ensure work environment is clean and organized at all times; answer phone calls as needed; provide results following established procedures, conduct literature research; and work directly under the supervision of licensed testing personnel – providing assistance as needed.
Successful applicants are assigned to work schedules as business needs dictate, shifts could include nights and weekends.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree, Science or Related Field Preferred.
- Detail Oriented and Highly Organized.
- Must have Good Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Good Computer Skills, familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting required.
- Team Player, able to Multitask and learn quickly to fill in different roles.
- Adherence to confidential (HIPAA) required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and 401k
Reasonable accommodation for disabled provided.
K&K Consultant Group
HealthcareView all jobs at K&K Consultant Group