JUVARE is a technology company focused on developing innovative enterprise resilience solutions for government agencies, corporations, healthcare providers and higher education around the world. JUVARE solutions have supported over 500,000 emergency response incidents in all 50 states and 20 countries around the world. JUVARE helps our clients prepare, connect, and respond to protect people, property, and brands.
As a Business Analyst at Juvare, working in our US Federal and Defense team, you'll put your subject matter expertise and business analysis skills into practice as part of our software implementation and/or product management teams. In this role, you'll take the lead on defining application and/or workflow requirements with clients, subject matter experts, and other key stakeholders. Through backlog refinement sessions, you'll write epics and related detailed user stories, translate business requirements into actionable improvement plans, validate solutions meet the client definition of "done."
Reports to: Senior Director – Client Delivery
Location: Atlanta, GA or Remote USA
The Business Analyst will work under the guidance of the Senior Director or other delegated leadership to perform the following activities:
- Work within the Juvare Federal and Defense Delivery Team, alongside subject matter experts to develop business and system use cases, functional, non-functional and operational requirements.
- Represent the client solution owner in functions including backlog prioritization, feature sequencing, sprint planning/grooming and user acceptance testing; participate in quality control and testing activities.
- Elicit and capture business requirements in our software development environment; decomposing and documenting Epics into Features and User Stories down to detailed functional and nonfunctional acceptance criteria.
- Work with our Project Managers managing work; assist with operational transition, internal and client training, knowledge transfer and SOP documentation.
- Lead or participate in onsite or virtual requirements workshops with clients.
- Explore the benefits and challenges of potential technical solutions with clients.
- Document the final as-built configuration following completion of implementation, as well as demo end-to-end solutions to clients for acceptance.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university or college preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years recent experience as a business analyst or similar role writing requirements and developing process flows for custom solutions.
- 2+ years experience working as a business analysts with US Federal or Military end clients.
- Experience in consulting, software development and implementations in a client facing role.
- As this position may require you to access sensitive government information, you must hold or be capable of passing an SF-85 background check and obtaining public trust clearance.
Skills/ Knowledge Requirements:
- US Federal and/or Military domain knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex software workflow platforms and collaborate with technical personnel.
- Desire to understand the emergency and operational management mission of our clients and how our software solutions support its continual improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating collaboration and adaptability.
- Ability to organize, plan and manage follow up action.
- Familiarity with project management and/or software development tools (e.g., JIRA, Rally, MS Project, Confluence).
- A passion for technology, curiosity to learn new skills/technology with a fail-fast approach.
- A passion to provide exceptional client service.
- Familiarity with standard emergency management practices and ICS and/or prior experience working directly with emergency management agencies.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25% (average over course of a year).
What we offer:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Corporate Match
- Commuter Expense Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Expansive Self-Paced and Virtual Training Options
- Unlimited PTO
- Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Monthly Book Club
- No visa sponsorship is available for this position. Must be authorized to legally work in the US for this role.
- Juvare is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"). In order to comply with the requirements of the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the EAR. A "U.S. person" according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. This information will also be used in determining whether an exception to the EAR's licensing requirements can be exercised or a license required for deemed exports.
As the Company is a partner with the United States government, this position may require access to sensitive government information. Accordingly, candidates must be capable of passing an SF-85 background check and obtaining public trust clearance if required.
BusinessView All Juvare Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.