Our client, a nationally growing millwork and specialty finish contractor based out of Manassas, VA is looking for a Project Accountant. A successful Project Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to prepare and analyze financial reports.
- Prepare all journal entries for corporate accounting areas, to include but not limited to general and administrative expenses, fixed assets, treasury transactions, lease accounting, allocations, and consolidations and eliminations
- Prepares periodic standalone and consolidating balance sheets, income statements, and other financial packages
- Timely completion of bank and ledger reconciliations to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting
- Prepare detailed variance analysis, liaising with leadership to improve financial procedures and share financial results
- Research and provide recommendations to management on technical accounting matters
- Complete various government filings to include sales and use, personal property, gross receipts, franchise, business and occupational licenses; assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong and proven understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); in particular: consolidations, intercompany transactions, lease accounting, fixed asset accounting, and percentage of completion revenue recognition
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
JustinBradley is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
JustinBradley is an EO employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.