JustinBradley’s client, a highly visible large non-profit located in metro accessible Virginia, is seeking a Payroll Manager. As a leader in their industry, this organization creates an environment that is ideal for ingenuity and takes pride in their dynamic, mission-oriented team. Furthermore, this organization prides itself on serving the public and has been rated as one of the most trustworthy organizations according to a national survey.
The Payroll Manager manages the Union and non-Union payrolls of the organization and troubleshoots payroll issues as they arise. This position works closely with Human Resources to ensure accurate and timely processing of the organization’s semi-monthly payroll. This position serves as the liaison between the organization and its outsourced payroll provider.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages payroll for Union and non-Union employees
- Processes semi-monthly payrolls and ensures that all employees are paid promptly and accurately
- Ensures all employee timesheets and time off requests are completed and approved timely to meet transmission deadline each pay period
- Prepares payroll accounting journal entries, including month-end accruals. Responsible for identifying errors and proposing correcting entries
- Has primary responsibility for managing time-reporting and payroll systems
- Provides training and updates to new employees, managers, and interns as needed
- Reconciles the quarterly 941 withholding reports
- Performs year-end tax responsibilities, to include Executive Fringe Benefits, Relocation Expenses and W-2 verification and mailing
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Minimum of five – eight years of payroll processing experience required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), or equivalent
JustinBradley is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories