JustinBradley’s client, a public-private partnership whose mission is to promote international tourism to the United States, is seeking a Controller. With global objectives, this large organization has experienced significant growth since its formation. The Controller will be responsible for oversight of accounting and processing activities. This position will work closely with program leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations. The Controller will leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
· Formalizes and documents accounting policies and procedures and ensures compliance.
- Manages and coaches the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting staff (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Compliance, General Ledger and Payroll) in accordance with the organization’s policies: plans, assigns, directs work, conducts the performance reviews and regularly held feedback meetings, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Oversees the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, fixed asset records, payroll processing, general accounting to ensure the Company’s finance function is organized and efficient
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- CPA required
- At least eight years’ experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
JustinBradley is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories