A large non-profit, located in Washington DC, is partnering with JustinBradley in their search for an Accounting Manager. With their mission to provide advice that influences policies, public opinion and to advance various fields of knowledge, this is an opportunity to work an organization facing global challenges. The Accounting Manager mainly assists in managing the Treasury function, and the primary duties of this job are directly related to cash management, investment, and tax reporting.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assumes responsibility for functional accounting areas as assigned, ensuring that accounting is performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Manages assigned accounting staff, including workflow analysis, conflict resolution, and work review.
· Creates reports for analysis of unit productivity and for monitoring division-level exceptions. Meets with senior management to discuss unit progress and the effectiveness of the organization’s financial policies and makes recommendations for improvements.
· Keeps up-to-date the policies and procedures relating to accounting areas assigned. Assures standard accounting procedures are adhered to.
· Liaises with and coordinates responses to internal and external auditors.
· Performs project and problem research and implements solutions. Projects accounting data to show effects of proposed plans on investments, cash management, tax filing, and overall financial condition.
A good candidate will possess the following:
· Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent knowledge.
· Six years of related professional experience, two of which were in a supervisory capacity.
JustinBradley is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories