FULL-TIME MASTERS LEVEL COUNSELOR/SPECIALIST / FEMALE OFFENDERS
Do you have what it takes to be part of a dynamic organization passionate about helping children & families? JusticeWorks is an employee-centered company which does ‘whatever it takes’ to achieve positive outcomes for youth and families in the juvenile justice system. Our service repertoire is always expanding and serving new populations. We provide in-home services as a way to keep children safe, enhance family functioning and keep youth out of trouble as a response to out-of- home placement options.
We are a strength-based organization looking for hardworking staff who are comfortable working both independently and as part of a team. There is extensive driving to see clients, with flexibility, and a car allowance provided. JusticeWorks YouthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FULL-TIME MASTERS LEVEL COUNSELOR/SPECIALIST (FEMALE OFFENDERS) - $1,000 STAY BONUS
This position will work with female offenders who have suffered trauma. Due to this we can only hire females for this program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Specialist must conduct at least one individual therapy session per week with all girls who have been identified for the GEM program.
- The Specialist must conduct at least one group therapy session per week for all girls who have been identified for the GEM program.
- All staff will have cell phones and internet/computer access to complete required work. Employees are responsible to use hardware/software responsibly to maintain equipment for optimal usage.
- Complete in a timely and quality fashion all documentation and database input as per program requirements
- The Specialist may be required to conduct therapy sessions with family in the home.
- Participate in court hearings, legal proceedings such as abuse court orders, magistrate court for truancy/fines etc, county meetings, new training, state or county initiatives or requirements
- Maintain case records and required documents for client files and database.
- Participate in supervision and staff meetings for work performance, community resources, techniques, peer case reviews. Review, develop skills and knowledge base, and any corrective actions needed to perform job.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must be comfortable working with clients who have a range of ethnicities, cultures and socio-economical living environments Understand, support and promote the Mission and Values of JusticeWorks.
- Possess/pursue specialized expertise in working with delinquent females, and whose job description is devoted solely to the GEM program.
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Transport clients utilizing personal vehicle, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in social work, counseling, or criminal justice and a minimum of one year experience with at-risk youth
- Knowledge of trauma informed interventions perferred
- Must have good verbal/ written communication skills and works well with people; highly organized; good, creative problem solving skills; ability to work independently, and be flexible/ adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast paced work environment; computer/ internet skills a must.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours (nights and weekends).
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and access to a vehicle.
- Pass current, applicable clearances.
JusticeWorks YouthCare, Inc
Why Work Here?JusticeWorks provides innovative programs that identify and build on youths’ and families’ strengths. We create structure to positively redirect their lives. We help youth become good citizens and assist their families to resolve their problems and to be supportive of their children. Our efforts help remedy damage to the community and restore community safety.
JusticeWorks has been providing services since 1999 so we are well established within Pennsylvania.