Life is short, work someplace awesome! The Account Manager Trainee (AMT) will participate in an 18-month training program that will involve job shadowing in various areas of the JAVS organization. The goal of this position is to develop the skills necessary to perform the function of Account Manager and be assigned a sales territory at the end of the training program. If you are a new college graduate and would like to begin an exciting and rewarding career in sales, this is the ideal opportunity for you!
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Account Manager Trainee, you will participate in an in-depth training program over the course of an 18-month period. Candidates will be trained in all aspects of the JAVS audio visual systems. Areas of training will include System Building, Help Desk /Service Support and Design. The candidate will shadow various departments to gain proficiency in all areas of the organization and our audio video product line. This will enable the candidate to successfully work as an Account Manager selling audio video solutions to our clients.
Once the candidate successfully completes the training program, he/she will be able to perform the following functions as an Account Manager:
- Business Development; Cultivate and increase JAVS market share with existing clients
- Maximize customer penetration through use of prospecting, presentation, selling, closing, follow up and account development skills.
- Forecast sales volumes, profit margins, and net profit and achieve clearly defined, mutually agreed upon revenue/gross profit targets; Produce sales trend reports and other analysis for leadership review via NetSuite.
- Accurately analyze and assess statistical data on an on-going basis that impact the industry and competitive approaches.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work under pressure, and meet organizational deadlines.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending industry-specific workshops, both internal and external; reviewing professional publications; established and maintaining professional networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art best practices.
- Develop and continuously evaluate/adjust promotional and advertising activities in collaboration with sales leadership.
- Travel up to 60% for on-site projects involving both pre and post selling activities; in combination with JAVS support teams, both pre-sale and post-sales projects; to include installation and some select service meetings.
- NetSuite content management; report development for team and sales leadership.
- Professional attire is advised.
- Maintain a helpful and friendly working relationship with users.
- Frequently check e-mail and voicemail, responding in a timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
· Must be a self-starter with good time management skills
· Ability to build strong customer relationships
· Willing to learn the business from the ground up
· Must be a hard worker who is motivated by success
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Clean criminal background.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
· Bachelor's Degree, preferably in sales or marketing
· Past internship or work experience in a client facing position
· Excellent communication skills; written and oral; multi-task capabilities
· Analytical skills