Justice, Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison SystemOklahoma City, OK
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Business Administrator ======================
##### Department of Justice
Justice, Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System
- ##### Open & closing dates
07/01/2019 to 07/23/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
GS 12 - 13
- ##### Salary
$74,596 to $115,313 per year
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Oklahoma City, OK 1 vacancy
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes Reimbursement is authorized for travel and transportation for this position.
##### Telework eligible
- Duties ------
**Why work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons?**
You can have a meaningful career with an agency that truly values a diverse workforce. You will find a diverse workforce employed from entry level jobs to senior management positions. We protect public safety by ensuring federal offenders serve their sentences of imprisonment in facilities that are safe, humane, and provide reentry programming. Employees at correctional facilities perform correctional work regardless of their specific occupation.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for budget formulation and execution, financial management, management of procurement and property functions, oversight of the credit card program, and services as the liaison for financial matters with management and executive staff. Therefore, the incumbent is responsible for the operation and maintenance of an integrated system of financial services that include accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and procurement.
Along with all other correctional institution employees, incumbent is charged with responsibility for maintaining security of the institution. The staff correctional responsibilities precede all others required by this position and are performed on a regular and recurring basis.
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
0501 Financial Administration And Program
- Requirements ------------
### Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship is Required. - See Special Conditions of Employment Section.
**The Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)** provides eligible surplus and displaced competitive service employees in the Department of Justice with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your Department of Justice component has notified you in writing that you are a surplus or displaced employee eligible for CTAP eligibility, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your CTAP eligibility; 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement; and 3) you are found well qualified for this vacancy. To be well qualified, you must satisfy all qualification requirements for the vacant position and score 85 or better on established ranking criteria. You must provide a copy of your written notification of CTAP eligibility with your application. Additional information about CTAP eligibility is at: Click Here
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following qualification requirements:
**GS-12 and GS-13:**
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience for this position.
**GS-12 and GS-13:**
You must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. To be creditable, this experience must have equipped the applicant with the particular qualifications to perform successfully the duties of the position, and must typically be in or related to the position to be filled.
Some examples of this qualifying experience are:
- Experience with accounting and budgeting principles, concepts, theories and practices, and financial reporting agencies. - Experience monitoring cost center fund balances for the facility and keeping managers informed of status of budgets. - Experience with budget formulation and execution, financial management, management of procurement and property functions, oversight of credit card programs, and serves as liaison for financial matters with management and executive staff.
- Experience in implementation, operation, adaption, and evaluation of accounting systems/subsystems, including financial reports, records, forms, controls, and related procedures. - Experience working with accounting and budgeting techniques, familiar with accounting and budgeting principles, concepts, theories and practices, and financial reporting and standards for Federal agencies. - Experience performing salary projections, budget formulation and execution, financial management, management of procurement and property functions, oversight of credit card program, and serving as a liaison for financial matter with management and executive staff. - Experience overseeing monthly submission of cash reports and proof checks and accuracy of all financial obligations.
Credit will be given for paid and unpaid experience. To receive proper credit, you must show the actual time (such as the number of hours worked per week) spent in activities.
\*\*Your eligibility for consideration will be based on your responses to the questions in the application.\*\*
See Qualifications Section for education requirements, if applicable.
### Additional information
This position IS NOT included in the bargaining unit.
In accordance with 5 U.S.C. 3307, a maximum entry age of 36 has been established for initial appointment to a position in a Bureau of Prisons institution.
The representative rate for this position is $97,573 per annum ($46.75 per hour).
**Special Conditions of Employment Section:**
Initial appointment to a supervisory/managerial position requires a one-year probationary period.
The incumbent is subject to geographic relocation to meet the needs of the agency.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a urinalysis, physical, and background investigation. All applicants are subject to National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and credit checks.
All applicants not currently working in an institution will be required to complete a qualification inquiry regarding convictions of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence in order to be authorized to carry a firearm.
The Core Value Assessment (CVA) is an in-person assessment that must be facilitated at a Bureau of Prisons Human Resource Servicing office. On the day of the scheduled interview, a CVA will be administered. The applicant assessment must be completed within a 70 minute time period and a passing score must be obtained. Further employment consideration will not be extended if the applicant fails to complete the examination or fails to achieve a passing score. Note: The Core Value Assessment will not be administered to current BOP employees.
Successful completion of the "Introduction to Correctional Techniques," three-week training course at Glynco, Georgia is required.
The addresses listed on the USAJOBS account/resume must be the primary residence at the time of application. You may be required to provide proof of residence.
Additional selections may be made if vacancies occur within the life of the certificate.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If your composite score exceeds the average score for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your online assessment questionnaire responses and utilized to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than what is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
There are several parts of the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application:
- Your resume, which is part of your USAJOBS profile; - Your responses to the eligibility questions; - Your responses to the online assessment questionnaire; - Your supporting documentation, if required.
Time-in-Grade: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration. You must meet all qualification requirements upon the closing date of this announcement.
**If you applied to more than one grade level, BE ADVISED that you may be selected at ANY grade level for which you applied and are found qualified (i.e., if the job is announced at the 9/11 grade levels and you apply for the GS/GL-9 and the GS-11,and you are found qualified at BOTH grade levels, you may be selected at either grade level).**
**What Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are Required for this Position?**
The following Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's) are required:
**GS-12 and GS-13:**
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate accounting information. - Knowledge of budget principles, procedures, and regulations. - Ability to assign responsibility and delegate authority. - Ability to prepare and present technical information both orally and in writing, in a manner which is understood by the targeted audience. - Knowledge of automated financial systems. - Knowledge of purchasing and inventory practices.
**To preview questions please click here.**
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents ------------------
- Resume showing relevant experience (cover letter optional). - In order to receive credit for experience contained in an uploaded resume, your employment history must be documented in month/year format (MM/YYYY), reflecting starting date and ending date and include the number of hours worked per week. Failure to follow this format may result in disqualification. - Current or former Federal employees NOT employed by the Bureau of Prisons MUST submit a copy of their SF-50 Form which shows competitive service appointment, tenure group, and salary. If you have promotion potential in your current position, please provide proof. If you are applying for a higher grade, and your experience was gained at a Federal agency other than the Bureau of Prisons, you MUST provide the SF-50 Form which verifies the length of time you have been in your highest grade and supports your claim for time in grade. - Employees applying with an interchange agreement must provide proof of their permanent appointment. - Current federal employees NOT employed by the BOP and former federal employees MUST submit a copy of their latest yearly performance appraisal/evaluation. - Military Spouses who meet the requirement of Executive Order 13832 - must include marriage certificate and copy of active duty military members orders OR letter from VA OR DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse, OR SF-50. For more information Click Here. - CTAP, Click Here, if applicable.
**Failure to provide these documents could possibly result in removal from consideration for this vacancy. If uploading documentation, do not identify/save your documents utilizing a special character such as %, \#, @, etc. Documentation should be identified/saved as VA Letter, DD214, or Transcripts**.
**We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, delays in mail service, applicant application errors, etc.**
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
- Benefits --------
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply ------------
You must apply through the online application system at www.USAJOBS.gov. Follow the prompts to register, answer a few questions and submit all required documents.
**NOTE:** Submission of a resume alone is not a complete application. This position may require the completion of additional forms and/or supplemental materials as described under the Required Documents section. Please carefully review the complete job announcement and the "How to Apply" instructions. Failure to provide the required information and/or materials will result in your application not being considered for employment.
Required supporting documentation **must** be electronically uploaded or transferred from USAJOBS (uploaded).
All required supporting documentation MUST be received by the Consolidated Staffing Unit by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on the closing date of the vacancy announcement. You MUST include the vacancy announcement number on your supporting documentation.
**NOTE:** Failure to follow these application procedures will result in the applicant losing consideration for this position.
Paper applications: If applying online is impossible, please contact the Consolidated Staffing Unit at the telephone number listed below, prior to the closing date of the announcement for the alternate application procedure.
**Contact for Assistance in Applying On-Line:** DOJ, Federal Bureau of Prisons Consolidated Staffing Unit 346 Marine Forces Drive Grand Prairie, TX 75051 E-Mail: GRA-HRM/ConsolidatedStaffingUnit@bop.gov Phone: 972-352-4200
**How do I Apply for this Position if I am a Military Spouse applying under the Special Hiring Authority?**
Military Spouses who meet the requirement of Executive Order 13832 MUST include the vacancy announcement number on all supporting documentation, as well as the appointing authority used. For more information Click Here.
To be considered for this Special Hiring Authority, applicants must submit package to GRA-HRM/ConsolidatedStaffingUnit@bop.gov.
- Submit a complete/detailed resume. - Address selective factor, if required. - Resume must contain all information listed in the Qualifications Section. - Submit supporting documents (i.e. transcripts, certification, registration, and/or license, if applicable).
Your completed application packet must be submitted to the Consolidated Staffing Unit by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (EST), on the closing date of the vacancy announcement. You must include the last four digits of your social security number and the vacancy announcement number on your application packet. DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION ON-LINE.
### Agency contact information
JUSTICE, BUREAU OF PRISONS Consolidated Staffing Unit 346 Marine Forces Drive Grand Prairie, Texas 75051 United States
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
We will notify you of the outcome after each step of the application process has been completed. Normally, Selecting Officials will make a selection within 90-days. When deemed necessary, the selection process may be extended up to 180-days from the date the certificate(s), (Exception, Best Qualified Lists) is/are generated to make a selection.
- Fair & Transparent ------------------
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace. - An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability - Social security number request - Privacy Act - Signature and false statements - Selective Service - New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/538268200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Justice, Bureau of Prisons/Federal Prison System
Oklahoma City,OK USA
Get fresh Business Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
Most Popular Jobs Similar to Business Administrator