- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is your chance to be at the forefront of leading the charge to make Jushi the standard in multi-state cannabis operations. We are seeking a Pharmacist-in-Charge who will be responsible for receiving, reviewing, and interpreting physician's orders, dispensing medication to patients, and working within a team of Pharmacy Technicians and operations personnel. PIC's are also responsible for supervising compounding performed by pharmacy technicians to ensure that these activities are in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state and federal law.
We identify, evaluate, and acquire U.S.-based cannabis operations within each state to vertically integrate, produce, and distribute medical-grade cannabis formulations in the United States offering patients and customers premium, high-grade cannabis and related products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders and detect therapeutic incompatibilities
- Dispense medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals
- Control medications by monitoring drug therapies and advising interventions
- Complete pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' workflow, verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections
- Provide pharmacological information by answering questions, requests of health care professionals, and counseling patients on drug therapies
- Develop hospital staff's pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs, training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals
- Comply with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Food and Drug Administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections, maintaining records for controlled substances, removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory
- Supervise the work results of support personnel, maintain current registration, study existing and new legislation, anticipate legislation, and advise management on needed actions
- Protect patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintain pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Must hold an active Virginia Pharmacist license and be a registered medical professional with the Board of Pharmacy
- Must be willing to submit and pass a comprehensive background check
- Strong team management and personal communication skills
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Strong compliance and regulation attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and focused
- MS Office proficient with the ability to utilize and navigate multiple software platforms with ease
- Knowledge of cannabis
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule including evenings, weekends, opening and closing
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER OUR EMPLOYEES AT JUSHI:
We offer benefit packages that may include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and 401(k).
BONUS DUTIES YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Jushi is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at Jushi