LPN Clinical Coordinator
Jurney's Assisted Living Statesville, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Jurney's Assisted Living is seeking an LPN to lead their resident care department and personnel. Individual will manage resident care team, be an integral part in resident care and the comprehensive services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of the residents and their families. Customer satisfaction is a priority.
The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all resident care in order to ensure the residents remain healthy and active for as long as possible. Assist the resident and their family in maintaining the physical and emotional health of the resident. Liaison with physicians; community organizations; other health related service agencies and community care staff to provide care to the residents. The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible for practicing according to the State Board of Nursing within the scope of practice for their license and in compliance with the county Department of Social Services (DSS) and NC Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR).
- Models a business philosophy that treats every resident and family member as a personal customer.
- Responsible for the retention of residents in the community.
- Ensures provision of services to the residents and ensures that all state policies governing resident care are closely monitored and carried out.
- Interview, hire, evaluate, motivate, and monitor the performance of the direct care staff in the community. Recruitment and selection should focus on qualified candidates who model community core values with an interest in care.
- Provides regular training and in-service for direct care staff.
- Oversees continuing education programs for direct care staff in the community, as regulated by state licensing requirements.
- Conducts orientation for new team members of the department to ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of the goals, policies, and procedures of the department and community.
- Conduct interviews/observations on a continual basis of residents to alert Executive Director, family, and other appropriate individuals of any changes in the physical or emotional health of the resident.
- Supports administration in referral development and maintaining a high census.
- Act as care manager and resource person for the residents and their families.
- Measures outcomes, set goals and leads the care team to achieve those outcome goals.
- Develops staffing model to assure outstanding care to residents.
- Leads, motivates and inspires direct care team.
- Ensure appropriate staff coverage through effective scheduling and completion of daily assignments.
- Works closely with Executive Director to develop and implement an effective recruitment strategy.
- Participates in group and one-on-one interview process.
- Leads orientation and on-boarding for new care managers.
- Provides daily coaching to care staff.
- Participates in interdisciplinary-based care and provides training for team members and families.
- Manages staff safety and staff compliance.
- Delivers quality care and supervision through daily rounds to monitor staff.
- Timely and effective response to all resident care needs.
- Leads by example, being visible, involved and accessible.
- Ensures each resident has an updated and current individualized care plan.
- Ensures medical records management.
- Works with dining services to coordinate resident dietary needs.
- Works to provide ongoing assessment of resident’s physical and psycho-social status.
- Monitors all resident care communication tools.
- Participates in QA and compliance in preparation for surveys and audits.
- Acts as a resident advocate.
- Collaborates with medical professionals, consultants and healthcare organizations.
- LPN trained from an accredited nursing program with a current NC LPN Nursing License
- Experience in a managerial role. Minimum of two years supervisory experience in senior care or assisted living and has knowledge of seniors and seniors with Alzheimer or other related dementia.
- One year experience with resident assessment and care planning.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to show compassion towards cognitively impaired older adults. Ability to lead and inspire direct care team.
- Must exhibit great organizational skills.
- Provide "hands on care for seniors".
- Willing to work flexible work schedule based on staffing requirements.
- Ability to perform calculations in support of personnel actions, budget, and other financial responsibilities.
- Understand and conceptualize complex concepts, as well as ability to make appropriate decisions in stressful situations.
- High level communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for the physical and emotional needs of the elderly and their families.
- Must be proficient in basic office equipment, including a personal computer, for the purpose of accomplishing and maintaining a high level of job performance.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Jurney's Assisted LivingWhy Work Here?
Humbly serving the needs of Iredell County’s growing population of older adults. Excellent Leadership Opportunity.
1942 Van Haven DriveStatesville, NC
HealthcareView all jobs at Jurney's Assisted Living