- Posted: over a month ago
Our client, an industrial real estate company is looking for a Controller. Responsibilities include planning and directing the accounting operations of the company including supervision of accounts payable, cash receipts, and credit and collection.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Prepare corporate financial statements in a timely fashion.
- Monitor, track, pay all property tax invoices.
- Supervise and support all areas of daily accounting functions.
- Create and maintain a series of financial controls and procedures for the accounting department.
- Conduct periodic audits of budget items, including comparing per diems to actual expenses and other budget-to-actual comparisons.
- Support any and all capital raises.
- Provide relevant financial information to the executive management team.
- Oversee and take responsibility for all financial procedures and records.
- Maintain corporate checking accounts and invoices.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversee the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. • Recommend benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance. • Produce the annual budget and forecasts; reports significant budget differences to management. • Oversee cash flow projections.
- Responsible for the various ledgers including cash disbursements, cash receipts, accounts payable, month-end payroll summary, accounts receivable summary, and journal entries to adjust the general ledger.
- Generate monthly reports including accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report, and balance sheet audits.
- Submit tax returns to outside auditors for review and subsequent filing with federal, state, and local governments.
- Maintain all NJ Annual report filings.
- Monitor all bank accounts online daily, or more often, to look for inbound wires, any outbound wire failures, and any suspicious activity etc.
- Maintain Rent Roll and track Mortgage receivable balances, 1099-INT.
- Interact with UK & German accounting to coordinate inter co-activity.
- Oversee treasury and banking functions including check deposits.
- Administer and maintain the 3rd party payroll system including each employee’s benefit, tax, direct deposits etc.
- Key in and audit payroll. Monitor PTO balances. Book payroll
- Estimate future payroll for workmen’s comp renewal policies.
- Prepare offer letters either as a template or as a direct product.
- Process all new hires through the US Homeland Security E-VERIFY system.
- Process changes to each employee's pay status, raises, change in situation, 401K, child support, benefit cost.
- Process on hires, off hires. Interface with the payroll company in the case of unusual situations PPP, Maternity Leave, etc.
- Oversee annual Workmen’s Comp audits.
- Calculate quarterly NJ Private Disability Premiums using NJ 927 forms.
- Provide guidance and advise on payroll personnel issues including participating in terminations and termination notices and paperwork.
- Unemployment filing, Census reports for Fed, NJ and Insurers.
- Maintain current employee listing with full raise and bonus history.
- Maintain employee files including, sales commissions, vaccine records, employee warnings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance, with a minimum of 10 years of experience; OR a relevant Master’s degree with five years of experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred. • Ability to create and manage corporate budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide accounting services as detailed in management agreement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software, as well as budget creation and analysis software.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Juno Search Partners - Open Positions
Finance and Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?