Research Scientist (Molecular Biology)
Juno Bio San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
At Juno Bio, were decoding the vaginal microbiome. This is the community of microbes implicated in over 30 conditions affecting billions for women worldwide - from recurrent infections through to infertility. Our game-changing at-home wellness tests provide women and people with vaginas with personalised vaginal microbiome insights while powering up research to raise the standard of care for all women.
Founded in 2018 by Hana and Leighton to close the gender health gap, featured in Techcrunch, Vogue and backed by giants like Illumina and Entrepreneur First, Juno Bio exists at the intersection of community-powered change, category-defining product innovation and pioneering biotech research. If this excites you as much as it does us, we want to hear from you.
Were looking for an ambitious Research Scientist to join us with expertise in metagenomics and an appetite for problem-solving to assist with the development and optimisation of Juno Bio's discovery platform. The focus of this position will involve: the development and validation of research diagnostic protocols, including their translation to clinical settings; and, the identification of lead therapeutic candidates in in vitro models. You will own and execute the laboratory agenda within the Company, reporting directly to our Chief Technology Officer, to impact our Product Roadmap.
You will be working daily with our core team to ensure the progression of projects from concept to execution. You will have the opportunity to define, execute and publish new research, collaborating with eminent academics in the field. Join us in our mission to unravel the vaginal microbiome and transform health outcomes for all women and people with vaginas.
- Pioneer the design of new assays and devices for highly parallelized and efficient testing of the vaginal microbiome.
- Work closely with R&D team members to iterate on experiments and prototype new technologies.
- Collaborate with technology transfer, and production lab scientists to translate R&D work into the clinical lab and see the tangible, real world application of your efforts at speed.
- Perform analytical processing of specimens
- Perform established quality assurance procedures (quality control testing, instrument function checks, maintenance and calibrations), maintain appropriate documentation and report nonconformances.
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records
- Author and collaborate with our word-leading ecosystem of partners and advisors on peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
- Completed or undertaking a Ph.D in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Genetics, or related and some industry experience, and 3+ year relevant research experience.
- Demonstrated skills in empirical lab work.
- Attention to detail, and commitment to the reliability of research and work output.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver research in a fast-paced, milestone-driven environment.
- Experience developing from-scratch protocols for NGS, infectious disease testing, or related applications (preferred).
- CLS qualified (preferred)
- Excited by the opportunity to help us transform womens health and bold in your ambition.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team, desire a role with a high level of personal agency and always get the job done.
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 0.25 - 0.5% equity, depending on experience
- Bi-annual away days and a real say in the future of Juno Bio
- A dynamic, inclusive, ambitious and most of all fun work environment
- An opportunity to transform womens health
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. We believe that real innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel. Were here to hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest and welcome applications from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.