Juniper Village is dedicated to nurturing the spirit of life in each individual whose life we touch so that we may all live fully throughout all seasons of life. We do this by encouraging an active body, an engaged mind and a fulfilled spirit.
Juniper Village owns and operates assisted living and skilled care communities in four regions across the country. The company’s operations are designed and managed to provide the finest quality personal service and exceptional care to foster healthy and independent lives for those who live and work in our communities. The company’s team of experienced committed individuals is deeply committed to achieving the company’s mission and balancing quality in service, program and environment with financial stability and prosperity. Together, we nurture the spirit of life.
- Ensure compliance to Juniper Communities’ philosophy and hallmarks as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the Wellness Department.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures and as instructed by your supervisor and/or the Wellness Director, as well as other members of the Leadership Team.
- Follow work assignments and/or work schedules in completing and performing tasks.
- Report all changes in the resident’s psychosocial and physical condition, and skin breakdown to the Wellness Director.
- Cooperate with other departmental staff to meet the needs of the residents.
- Report all complaints, grievances and instances of abuse to the Wellness Director.
- Report all occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemical to the Wellness Director.
- Participate and receive report from prior shift.
- Assist residents as needed with activities of daily living such as dental and mouth care, bathing, dressing/undressing, hair care nail care, shaving, continence management, use of prosthetic devices, securing transportation, shopping, making and keeping appointments, use of the telephone, correspondence, social, exercise and leisure activities, ambulation and dining.
- Serve meals and assist in the clearing of tables under the direction of the Executive Chef.
- Implements Connections activities as assigned and instructed by the Connections Director.
- Report needed repairs and safety concerns to the Environmental Services Director.
- Answer all emergency response system calls immediately.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, bloodborne pathogens, hazardous waste and quality assurance procedures.
- Works in concert and harmony with other members of the team.
- Communicate with family members, visitors and volunteers in a customer service oriented manner.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Participate in Wellness Meetings
- Assist with medication administration.
- Perform special treatments as instructed.
- Assist in doing laundry as needed.
- Successful completion of a nurse aide training course if state regulated.
- Knowledge of the physiology and psychology of the older adult.
- Successful completion of a CPR and First Aid course.
- Successful completion of an approved medication administration course.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals within the community.
- Attends and participates in mandated yearly training programs as well as all required meetings.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently so as to achieve goals.
- Adheres to all Human Resources policies, procedures, and code of conduct.
- Respects confidentiality of information and Resident’s rights.
- Performs job in a safe manner, using proper body mechanics, infection control, etc.
- Responsible for proper care of all property, equipment, supplies and financial assets involved in the performance of the job.
- Performs other duties as required.