Service Manager for JCP Account(s)
The Service Manager (SM) for Juniper Care Plus (JCP) accounts is a designated advocate within Juniper for post-sale account support coordination. The SM works closely with the customer and multiple organizations within Juniper to ensure effective implementation of Juniper Customer Support. The SM is closely involved in critical customer issues and works closely with other Juniper organizations on prioritizing and managing customer escalations.
Reporting to the Manager of Advanced Services, the SM leads regularly scheduled conference calls to discuss the status of all current open cases and updates on customer network plans. Additionally, quarterly meetings may be scheduled to review overall performance and progress. The SM has a solid technical understanding of how Juniper products are utilized by the customer, and uses this to effectively communicate with the customer and drive issues within Juniper. Manages SLA performance for on-time delivery as well as contract requirements. Ensures proper coordination with the customer along with Juniper Networks sales account teams and service organizations. Identifies and drives new customer service processes, or assists in enhancing existing processes. Actively manages according to the Juniper way.
- Minimum 7 years customer service experience in supporting large, complex IP based networks.
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing customer service support personnel in cross-functional, matrixed work environments, or equivalent work experience.
- Good technical understanding of the following areas: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multicast, QoS, SONET, DOCSIS and network management.
- Must have a passion for the Internet and the new emerging technologies related to it.
- Experience in the cable space with video and/or carrier market space a strong plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have strong data analysis and presentation skills.
- SAP and Business Intelligence reporting knowledge a strong plus
- Past experience with executive level presentation and written communication required.
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills and have demonstrated a history of high-level achievement in cross-functional organizations.
- Past experience with Executive level communication/presentation preferred.
Specific Job Functions
- Monitor, manage and audit case progress
- Prepare and deliver weekly/bi-weekly case reviews to provide current case and RMA status
- Conduct Periodic Operations Reviews in conjunction with the account team to review Juniper product and support performance
- Prepare and deliver Postmortem/Root Cause Analysis on both technical and process issues
- Perform trend analysis on both customer raised and internally identified issues, drive other organizations to develop a problem resolution
- Provide high level software upgrade guidance by providing SW field experience and release schedule