Juniper Networks – Juniper Cloud Labs
Job Title: JCL DevOps Technician
HR Title: Lab Services Engineer
Juniper Cloud Labs (JCL) provides an automated self-service environment for Juniper Systems Engineers and Partners to get access to Juniper devices and other resources. These physical and virtual devices can be used for sandboxes or demonstrations. Reservations are made on-demand and through a web portal.
The main role for this candidate will be to install and maintain the physical equipment required for the operations of Juniper Cloud Labs.
Additional opportunities exist to expand the horizon for the candidate who is motivated to learn about Juniper products as well as other aspects of technologies necessary for the functioning of a cloud. There will be opportunities to learn programming and scripting – with the goal of potential advancement.
The candidate will primarily work under the supervision of the lab manager in Sunnyvale – though tasks and priorities will be driven by the JCL team at large.
Candidate must be a motivated individual with initiative. The candidate must have excellent communications and time management skills and have the ability to management multiple ongoing tasks.
Duties to include:
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments
- Receive equipment shipped for JCL
- Unpack and examine equipment
- Reject damaged equipment
- Corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Rack/install/Cable equipment for JCL
- Troubleshoot physical issues in the network
- Learn automation tools to achieve JCL objectives
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Experience: None required – but interest in technology is helpful
- Education: High School Graduate with minimum 3.00 GPA
- Must be dependable and once trained; able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be willing and able to install equipment (networking, servers, etc.) into racks
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases.
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist.
- Indoor/outdoor work environment with exposure to weather extremes.
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position.
- Occasional after-hours work may be required