Junior League of Richmond Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Director, Junior League of Richmond
Mission: The Junior League of Richmond is an organization of women committed to the mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Vision: An inclusive group of informed thought leaders intentionally serving and empowering women, youth, and families striving for collective impact through collaboration and advocacy.
Description: The Junior League of Richmond is seeking an Executive Director to join their team. This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive approach to fundraising for the organization, day to day operations, creative thinking to expand success, support the strategic initiatives of the League, and overall, improve operational and financial efficiency. This will be a role for a highly motivated, organized, and strategic thinker that wants to build and grow the Junior League of Richmond’s program. The Executive Director works collaboratively with volunteer leaders, including the President, the Clothes Rack staff and an office staff.
- Must embrace the mission of The Junior League of Richmond
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 3-5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising, preferably in nonprofit
- Proficiency with current technology
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with implementation
- Strong administrative skills with a proven track record of achieving results
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and electronic
- Experience with staff supervision and ability to work with volunteers at all levels
The Executive Director is responsible for aligning with and supporting the JLR Board of Directors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Cultivates and stewards relationships with donors, corporate partners, League member's, and key constituents within greater Richmond.
- Ensures partners are integrated into the plan of work to achieve desired results.
- Manages, develops, and retains a high-performing team; creates an environment of ownership, excellence, and tenacity where volunteers and staff are committed to the success of the organization.
- Leading staff to ensure effective and efficient communication and programming
- Taking a leadership role in fund development planning and implementation
- Providing financial oversight, facility and operational management
- Grant applications and management
- Building and maintaining existing donor relationships
- Collaborates with the Fund Development Council to develop sponsorships and event partners
- Management of the day to day operations of JLR headquarters
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Awareness, understanding and accountability for financial performance including planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Balance and calm amidst complexity, competing demands and expectations.
- Tactfulness with the ability to anticipate reactions and respond well to challenges.
- Prompt in decision-making, including managing performance and addressing difficult situations.
- Able and willing to influence powerful personalities, and professionally and candidly communicate points of view to authority.
- Models and builds coalitions through collaboration, diversity and teamwork.
- Ability to translate marketing and branding initiatives at the community level.
- Skilled communicator, effectively sharing and receiving key messages and content through multiple mediums as befits a remote colleague and leader.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.