This position assists with the technical support of end-user systems, network servers, applications, and related technology for Junior Achievement's enterprise operations. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy with staff. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. The individual in this position will need initiative and judgment for independent analyses, communication, and problem-solving.
- Provides technical support services to local or remote end-users with problems or issues related to information technology services. Including but not limited to: applications, workstations, Android tablets, conference rooms, collaboration services, and network services and servers.
- Works with IT suppliers, support vendors, and staff to determine and resolve technical problems with technology systems and hardware.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client-server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems, including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, video/meeting conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Manages and maintains 350 android tablets utilizing Knox Manage in two JA facilities in Wisconsin
- Trains and orients staff on the use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases. Works with VP to purchase hardware and software.
- Manages purchases related to computer supplies, hardware, licensing needs
- Assists in maintaining network records and documentation.
- Provides support to 50+ local and remote users running Windows, SharePoint, and Office 365 for workstations, printers, networks, and specific hardware and software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Associates degree or technical certification, Bachelor's degree preferred. Three to five years of IT technical hands-on experience in an enterprise environment is beneficial. Must be a self-motivated learner. Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills. Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize. Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices. Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft business applications. Microsoft 365, SharePoint, SQL, Microsoft Server, Android OS for tablets, Knox Manage.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, move (ambulatory or car travel), occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk and hear, occasionally required to bend, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (5-25 lbs.), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
Junior Achievement of WisconsinMilwaukee, WI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.