Mechanical Engineer - Forklift Truck Design
Jungheinrich Lift Truck Corporation Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Mechanical "Design" Engineer
Jungheinrich is a family owned company based out of Hamburg, Germany with more than 18,000 employees in 40 countries. Jungheinrich ranks permanently among the world's leading intralogistics service and solution provider. Together with our partner MLA (Mitsubishi Logisnext Americas Inc.) we are successfully expanding our activities in the North American market.
The Jungheinrich Lift Truck Corporation is based in Houston, Texas. We are working on the development and design of the next generation of electrical driven warehouse products, specifically targeted at the customer demands of the North American market. All Jungheinrich trucks designed here in Houston are developed from scratch to production. While MLA manufactures and assembles the trucks, Jungheinrich owns the design and is therefore also responsible for any production changes and custom modifications. Working with Jungheinrich is not just a job it means working in an international team of professionals and experts with interesting and challenging tasks.
We are looking for a professional, dynamic and highly motivated engineer to join our team in Houston!
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the development, concept to production, of components / sub-system integrated within a forklift.
Under general supervision, the candidate will;
- Be an active member of the Engineering team.
- Create and manage specification, CAD models, drawings, BOMs within a PLM (database)
- Compliance to established drafting standards required.
- Assure that designs are functional, safe, reliable, serviceable, manufacturable, cost effective, meet compliance requirements, and aesthetically and ergonomically correct.
- Perform engineering analysis to develop solutions involving basic structures, power transmission, hydraulics, fastener joints, and vehicle dynamic and thermal performance.
- Create layouts of product designs. Perform component and assembly tolerance reviews, assembly reviews, and functional reviews of machined, molded, and fabricated parts. Participate in presentation of designs and design reviews.
- Develop and monitor prototype creation by ordering parts, requesting specific testing, assisting in building, and reviewing test results to ensure proper functioning.
- Bachelor/Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of three years of prior related work experience
- Advanced knowledge in 3D-CAD, ideally CATIA V5
- Knowledge in SAP
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Understanding of electric functions and hydraulic functions in mobile applications
- Practical understanding of Manufacturing Methods, Tolerances, and Practical Solutions.
- Basic knowledge/skill in FEA analysis.
- Innovative thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Attention to Quality: Follow established procedures and be attentive to details to ensure accuracy in design, testing and documentation.
- Decision Making: Exhibit good judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; demonstrate ability to take decisive actions to develop product.
- Systematic Problem solving: Demonstrate ability to apply basic principles and methods to resolve product issues.
- Teamwork and Flexibility: Function well in a team environment by working well with other employees and other departments. Solicit opinions from coworkers, support group decisions, and display team spirit. Be open minded and flexible enough to work effectively in an environment where project priorities may shift in response to customer needs.
Candidates must be willing to travel domestically and overseas (0-25%) and must hold US Citizen or Permanent Resident status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Jungheinrich Lift Truck Corporation
ManufacturingView all jobs at Jungheinrich Lift Truck Corporation