Project Manager - Steel Fabrication
- Posted: 8 hours ago
General Purpose of the Position:
The Project Manager position is primarily responsible for the daily management, coordination and successful completion of construction projects to meet time and cost objectives with respect to contract administration, budgetary considerations, and scheduling. The Project Manager is responsible to the company for the profitability and client satisfaction of assigned projects.
Primary Responsibilities (grouped by Key Results Areas
⦁ Lead turnover effort from estimating/sales
⦁ Develop and applicable value engineering and other cost and schedule reductions.
⦁ Ensure proper job set up and contract details match estimate.
⦁ Ensure client contract negotiated and executed.
⦁ Identify required vendors, develop purchase orders and change orders in compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Manage quality and timely delivery.
⦁ Identify subcontractors (if applicable), issue subcontracts, review invoices and change order requests, and manage. Require appropriate period progress reports.
⦁ Track and maintain key contract performance dates/notices.
⦁ Maintain electronic project files and appropriate hard copy files. Ensure efficient organization of project folder on company server.
⦁ Maintain constant and consistent dialogue with the client to ensure that all client needs are being met.
⦁ Plan and lead internal kickoff meetings that may include representatives from sister SubCos within Junction Industries
⦁ Report weekly to Harbor Fab President and clients on project status
⦁ Monitor project costs against budget
⦁ Perform the final review of internal items including, but not limited to, Weekly Estimate Vs Actual Report, Project Cost calculations, WIP, Open PO Reports, ETV
⦁ Ensure that all POs, Subcontracts, Change Orders, Bills, Shipping Tickets, and Credit Card receipts are expeditiously provided to the accounting department in accordance with corporate policies
⦁ Develop of Schedule of Values for customer progress invoicing to insure positive cash flow for project.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Understanding of steel and equipment manufacturing
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction process, procurement, project costs/forecasting/estimating, scheduling, and close-out.
- Proficient at reading and understanding drawings and contract documents
- Strong communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to present strategies, plans, findings and results in individual as well as group settings.
- Must be able to effectively develop/manage internal and external relationships
- Must be computer literate with the standard Microsoft Office Suite of applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project.
- College Degree is Construction Management/Engineering or equivalent job experience
Travel: 10%, occasionally visiting Harbor Fab shops in Winnsboro, Texas and Benton, Arkansas or any future shops
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?