- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Construction Superintendent – Traveling to $110,000 plus 10% bonus and $4,200 per month (net) per diem/housing allowance.
Are you a seasoned Construction Superintendent with vertical commercial construction industry experience. Do you have recent experience as a traveling superintendent and enjoy traveling to different locations within the southeastern USA? Would you like to align yourself with a highly reputable and profitable organization that will have your back out in the field? If the above sounds like you, our client has the immediate need for two traveling superintendents to join their team. Both positions are open due to the continued growth on the company. Our client has a long backlog of projects to build ground up medical imaging facilities as well as a variety of other commercial projects (mixed-use complexes, mid-rise, retail buildouts and high-end multi-family).
Per our client, “We are seeking an experienced Traveling Construction Superintendent who is capable of successfully executing all areas of construction management, on-site job supervision and subcontractor coordination, daily and monthly reporting, and client meetings and communications. The Construction Superintendent will possess a unique combination of leadership, people skills, and construction expertise, as well as a track record of success managing commercial construction projects”.
To be considered for this position, the Traveling Construction Superintendent should possess the following minimum experience, skills and abilities:
- 15+ years of experience in construction management.
- Ability to travel and live on-site for the duration of each project. Our client will provide daily per diem AND a corporate apartment. At the option of the employee - the employee can opt for a cash equivalent expense reimburse and can figure out lodging and travel home (2x's per month) on your own.
- A degree or certification in building construction or related field preferred.
- Commercial construction project management experience required.
- Exceptional organizational, time management and scheduling skills, and a proven record of success managing projects through to completion.
- Strong ability to produce results within projected time and budget limits.
- Strong devotion to customer service and quality.
- Excellent leadership, communication and organization skills. · Must be a self-motivated individual with a drive to deliver on all three pillars of construction success: quality, schedule and budget.
- Follow all OSHA guide lines.
- Ability to review, interpret and incorporate plans, contract documents into project site/structure development.
- Capable of managing multiple trades on any given occasion, understanding and assure compliance with codes, regulations, and the architect’s intent.
- Work along with Project Manager from start to finish, including Project Setup, contracts, insurance, communicating, review of drawings and documents, developing an overall project schedule, estimate, communicate, and plan for field resources.
- Project Planning to include meeting with Clients, developers, and subcontractors, labor planning, inspections, and safety meetings.
- Project Documentation, Control, and Reporting, daily log, daily pictures, weekly log and monthly schedule update, safety check list and safety meetings.
- Temperament and ability to interface with Owners, Architects, Engineers, Building officials and inspectors in an effective and professional manner.
- Construction start-up and close-outs
- Field personnel coordination, scheduling, and communication · Coordination and communication with internal design-build team members, including account managers, interior designers, architects, etc., as well as outside engineers
- Responding to RFIs
- Assistance in preparation and coordination of change orders (subcontractor and clients)
- Construction scheduling
- Punch lists and project completion follow-up
- Strong construction materials and methods knowledge
- Proven ability to understand construction documents (drawings, specifications, and industry standard documentation)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations
- Jobsite safety rules and requirements
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and interact well with senior management, external client organizations, vendors, contractors/subcontractors, and project managers
- Excellent leadership, oral communication, written communication, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines
- Must be quality minded, self-motivated and dedicated to customer service
JumpvineWhy Work Here?
Well established company with excellent growth and benefits
JumpVine is a "hire and retention" partner, not a traditional recruiting firm. Employers productively spend their time interviewing people that have the ability to succeed. This respects the time and efforts of both prospective employers and the candidates. It also greatly minimizes the common occurrence of making bad hires. JumpVine incorporates the same objective model for Temp/Contract hires because a good fit matters, even if the position is short term in nature.
239 King StCharleston, SC
ConstructionView all jobs at Jumpvine