Senior Application Developer / Senior .NET Developer
Highly respected international professional services firm has the immediate need for two senior level Application Developers / Senior .NET Developers to join their team. The Senior Application Developer / Senior .NET Developer role, under the direction of the Senior Applications Development Manager, is responsible for the design, development, and support of the Firm’s information systems and software applications. The firm has also been working extensively with low code / no code applications so candidates with low code / no code development experience are highly preferred (especially Outsystems). Our client is located in Class A office space in Downtown Atlanta within very close walking distance to MARTA. Enjoy outstanding benefits from a firm consistently ranked one of the tops firms to work for as well as the option to telecommute one day per week!
Responsibilities of the Senior Application Developer / Senior .NET Developer
- Provides application design, implementation, and support services for company-wide systems primarily within .NET Framework.
- Takes the lead in systems integration and solution development. A Senior Application Developer / Senior .NET Developer must be able to receive a request from a business user and independently take that request through the project inception process including documenting a problem description, substantially complete requirements, and one or more potential solutions with pros/cons and effort estimates. Through this effort, the Senior Application Developer / Senior .NET Developer takes personal ownership of the tasks and associated communication.
- Takes initiative in identifying and resolving system and performance related issues for supported projects and platforms, working with systems engineers and database administrators.
- The Senior Application Developer / Senior .NET Developer must be able to take a broad view of the existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, etc., which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, and leverage this investment to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements.
- Understands firm business and the business processes of the various admin departments.
- Works with users to gather business requirements, performs data analysis, codes and tests middleware routines to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems and applications components.
- Assists in management of centralized data repository and its replication with remote systems.
- Utilizes Outsystems, Visual Studio, SSMS, and other tools to automate business operations and improve work production, collaboration, and system efficiencies.
- Develops operational procedures and documentation for firm systems, integrations, and software solutions.
- Provides second level technical support for firm systems, including server support for MSSQL Server, IIS, SQL Reporting Services, and Component Services.
- Leads regular cross training sessions to share knowledge within the department and across the organization.
- Works under the direction and approval of the Sr. Applications Development Manager.
Requirements for the Senior Application Developer / Senior .NET Developer
- Three to four years related development experience; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Strong understanding of database design principles.
- Two years of experience managing development projects from inception to closeout. Experience working with low-code development tools, preferably Outsystems.
- Strong knowledge of integrated systems and distributed computing environments.
- Understands software architecture patterns and principles (Separation of Concerns, Single Responsibility Principle, Don’t Repeat Yourself, Minimize upfront design (YAGNI), Dependency Inversion, etc.)
- Familiarity with the products and services generally available in the computer industry
- Experience with shell scripting languages or CLI (preferably Powershell).
- Must be able to develop working relationships and experience in client-service delivery.
- Ability to communicate well with people having varying degrees of technical expertise, in both spoken and written communications.
- Desire to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Focused on delivering quality and business value with each task.
- Must have the ability to analyze technology issues and implement solutions using a mature process which takes other firm systems and business processes into account.
- Must be able to lead a team of developers and DBAs through execution of a project.
- Must be able to represent Applications Development in cross-department project meetings.
- Must be able to assist in developing the strategic plan of the Firm’s technology systems
- Must be able to stay abreast of latest technological developments and continuously improve technology skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to work independently to solve business problems, with little direction.