Purchasing and Materials Manager
Are you highly organized and enjoy mentoring and coaching others? Would you prefer to work for a mid-sized privately owned company located in NE Georgia (Rome/Cartersville area)? Do you enjoy analyzing processes and procedures and implementing more effective systems? If the above sounds like you, our client has the immediate need for a Purchasing Manager (manufacturing) to join its team. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing all purchasing and procurement activities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities. The Purchasing Manager supervises salaried and hourly employees by organizing and monitoring workflow, overall production, quality, and safety in the department. The Purchasing Manager plans and assigns work, administers policies and procedures and recommends improvements to optimize purchasing activities and processes.
Specific Duties for the Purchasing and Materials Manager
- The Purchasing Manager will manage daily purchasing and procurement activities by supervising staff and allocating resources
- Develop and implement methods, strategies, and procedures for improving the purchasing and procurement activities to meet or exceed objectives for safety, quality, service and cost.
- Evaluate vendor relations to ensure solid contracts, optimal price, and adequate timelines while maintaining a database, purchasing records, and related documentation.
- Assess all procured items to ensure alignment with quality standards and specifications.
- Participate in root cause and corrective action investigations.
- Prepare cost estimates and evaluate with budget review effectiveness of operating procedures and space utilization, modifying when necessary.
- Audit incoming raw material quality to ensure incoming materials meet specifications.
- Review purchasing workload and assign resources based on priority.
- Work directly with Operations and Inventory Control to address quality and supply related issues.
- Meet or exceed all performance and productivity standards including working safely, maintaining acceptable quality levels and achieving desired standard output levels.
- Implement a supplier quality system to monitor and rate suppliers based on deliver, quality, and service metrics.
- The Purchasing Manager will lead team meetings discussing a variety of topics including supplier quality, lead time, purchase price, and other performance metrics.
Requirements for the Purchasing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Eight plus year’s experience with Purchasing and Procurement in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with at least a $100 million annual spend.
- Managing a team of at least 5 individuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems (JD Edwards is strongly preferred)
- Managing inventory and supply chain for multiple locations
- Negotiating contracts for optimal price and terms
Why Work Here?JumpVine is a "hire and retention" partner, not a traditional recruiting firm. Employers productively spend their time interviewing people that have the ability to succeed. This respects the time and efforts of both prospective employers and the candidates. It also greatly minimizes the common occurrence of making bad hires. JumpVine incorporates the same objective model for Temp/Contract hires because a good fit matters, even if the position is short term in nature.
Well established company with excellent growth and benefits