Jumpvine Flushing, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Corporate Controller – SEC Reporting Required
Well-established international services organization has the immediate need for a Corporate Controller / Director of Financial Reporting to join it’s growing team. This is a newly-created full-time permanent position as the company recently acquired all of the assets of a publicly traded entity and is now listed as an OTC Stock. The Corporate Controller / Director of Financial Reporting will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and will be responsible for all aspects of the financial and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting for the company. The Corporate Controller / Director of Financial Reporting will oversee technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards as well as support and assist with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures. The Corporate Controller / Director of Financial Reporting is a member of the Senior Management team. Please Note – the internal title for this position is Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO). Our client is located in Queens / Jamaica, NY and this position will be required to work on-site at least 4 days per week once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Roles and Responsibilities for the Corporate Controller / Director of Financial Reporting
- Preparation, accurate reporting and filing of SEC periodic reports such as Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and Annual Report.
- Assists in the preparation of other SEC filings such as registration statements and DEF 14A.
- Ensures compliance with all SEC, FASB, NYSE and eventual IFRS rules and regulations.
- Develops and manages SEC filings related to XBRL reporting.
- Coordinates, directs, plans and executes the financial reporting component of the external audit.
- Conducts, supports and assists with the internal audit function and the initial implementation and ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Leads all financial research efforts. Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC, FASB and eventual IFRS and prepare memorandums regarding the Company’s position and impact on the Company.
- Writes, implements and ensures effective and practical implementation of corporate policies.
- Assists in recruiting, training and evaluating staff; assists in developing and implementing continued training for professional accounting associates.
- Liaison with finance department, external legal counsel and external independent auditors.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Leadership experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conceptualization through implementation across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines.
Requirements for the Corporate Controller / Director of Financial Reporting
- An active CPA License is required as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance.
- 8+ years of financial reporting experience with at least 3+ years of extensive SEC Reporting experience.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls (including Sarbanes- Oxley – SOX), and coordinating the financial reporting process with outside auditors.
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience is highly preferred
JumpvineWhy Work Here?
Well established company with excellent growth and benefits
JumpVine is a "hire and retention" partner, not a traditional recruiting firm. Employers productively spend their time interviewing people that have the ability to succeed. This respects the time and efforts of both prospective employers and the candidates. It also greatly minimizes the common occurrence of making bad hires. JumpVine incorporates the same objective model for Temp/Contract hires because a good fit matters, even if the position is short term in nature.
154-05 Northern BlvdFlushing, NY