Associate Project Manager - Construction Project Manager
Are you highly organized and detail oriented? Do you enjoy planning out the sequence of events and coordinating and managing multiple projects simultaneously? Do you prefer a culture that promotes independent thinking and autonomy? If the above sounds like you, our client has an IMMEDIATE opening for an Associate Project Manager – Construction Project Manager that could be an excellent fit for you. This full-time permanent position with full benefits (including company car) is open after the incumbent is leaving after 18 years with the company to pursue a new business venture. Our client develops and installs access control systems for parking garages found in hospitals, universities and Class A office space. With a 30+ year history of delivering excellent customer service and leading edge technology, our client is one of the leaders in its space. Our retained, exclusive client is located in the Tucker/Decatur area and this position typically only requires one day a week in the office with the balance of your week out in the field or working from your home office. The key responsibility for the position is to manage the installation process for all new projects from inception through final delivery, and the Associate Project Manager – Construction Project Manager reports directly to the VP of Operations.
Essential Duties for the Associate Project Manager – Construction Project Manager
- Oversee all installation projects for engineering, drawings, submittals, and ordering equipment materials and supplies for projects. Ensure project materials and costs are within scope of project for maximum project profitability.
- Work directly with third party Engineering firm on CAD drawings for projects as well as maintain a library of standard drawings that can be used to identify and clarify the typical PARCS equipment and electrical layouts for use of the Parking staff when needed.
- Support Sales team on sales bids, sales meetings, bid processes and submittals for projects. Attend site meetings and bid meetings if needed to support Sales team. Review large and small projects for proper equipment and profitability.
- Manage and support Administration staff on the Project Management team. Convey positive leadership for Project Managers, Project Coordination team, Installation Technicians and Vendors.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate interpersonal communication.
- Manage and oversee all project and service inventory, control deliverables and overall onsite inventory. Maintain inventory in house and work with the Assistant Service Manager and Facilities Manager directly to manage stock inventory and control flow of repaired parts for equipment. Oversee RMA processes and warranty processes of inventory.
- On a weekly basis, review inventory count in Navision and the warehouse with the Facilities Manager, Project Manager and Project Administrator on routine items needed for project installations. These include loop wire, cabling, pedestals, housings, and loop sealant. Ensure the team is securing the best pricing.
- Manage and oversee custom fabrication and inventory for ITR custom products. These products consist of the ITR gate arms and other products fabricated by ITR staff. Manage product inventory and costs of products.
- Manage overall invoicing and billing of Installation projects. Ensure proper part numbers, inventory counts; and services have been invoiced to project.
- Work with Project Management team to ensure all site work and installation has been performed to the highest quality and performance.
- Work directly with the Project Install Manager to verify all Vendor and Sub-contractor work is performed properly and within scope before payment is released to Vendor or Sub-contractor.
- As an install project is in progress and at completion, review the Sales form completed by the Project Administrator to ensure all equipment and labor is accounted for, correct part numbers are used and percentage of profit is reflected appropriately. Upon approval, return to Project Administrator to bill customer and account correctly in Navision.
- The Associate Project Manager – Construction Project Manager will work directly with Finance VP and the Operations Senior VP to generate monthly projected project completions for billing and invoicing. Communicate with financial team for release of payment to Vendors and Sub-contractors for final payment of scope of work
- Certification in OSCHA 30. Hold OSHA meetings related to OSHA construction and safety standards and provide any necessary OSHA updates or training in bi-weekly technician meetings.
Requirements for the Associate Project Manager – Construction Project Manager
- 2+ years recent experience as one of the following: Construction Project Manager; Installation Project Manager; Access Control Installation Manager; Senior Project Coordinator - Commercial Construction.
- Recent experience managing mid-sized commercial construction / installation projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to read blue prints and CAD drawings
- Ability to travel throughout the State of Georgia (90%+ of projects are located in Greater Atlanta)
- Ability to commute to corporate office located in Tucker / Decatur one day per week
- Demonstrated ability to develop project / installation schedules and timelines along with the associated man power needs (internal / external) and the ability to cost out projects.
- Candidates must have a clean driving record as you will be issued a company vehicle and all employees undergo pre-employment drug screening.
Other - enjoy a very flexible work schedule, company vehicle, excellent benefit package with a very successful family owned company that is a recognized leader in the Access Control industry for large parking facilities in the Southeast.
Note - actual client job title is Senior Project Manager (Installations) - ideal candidates will currently have one of the following titles: Construction Manager; Associate Project Manager – Construction; Junior Project Manager – Construction; Access Control Project Manager; Senior Project Coordinator (Construction).
Why Work Here?JumpVine is a "hire and retention" partner, not a traditional recruiting firm. Employers productively spend their time interviewing people that have the ability to succeed. This respects the time and efforts of both prospective employers and the candidates. It also greatly minimizes the common occurrence of making bad hires. JumpVine incorporates the same objective model for Temp/Contract hires because a good fit matters, even if the position is short term in nature.
Outstanding company with excellent growth potential